𝟢.𝟣

"I might need a lobotomy after this 💩."

It was raining, the sky above dark great with storm clouds as the First Year squad were debriefed on the situation by the always reliable Ijichi, the assistant director and one of the many managers who made being a sorcerer a tad bit easier.

"Our window verified the cursed womb approximately three hours ago. Once 90% of individuals in the building were evacuated, they made the call to have the detention center sealed off." the exhausted looking man explained to the group, "Citizens within a 500-meter radius have been evacuated as well."

"Ijichi-san?" Itadori questioned as he raised a hand, "I've got a question, what's a window in this situation?"

"A member of Jujutsu Tech who can see curses, but isn't a sorcerer." the man explained patiently.

"Oh, okay."

"Let's continue. In Detainee Block 2, there are five detainees there who are trapped there with the cursed womb. If this cursed womb is the type that undergoes metamorphosis, it will likely become a special grade cursed spirit." Ijichi told the group, his words causing Fushiguro, Kugisaki, and y/n's expressions to become slightly more grave.

'Special-grade.'

"Hey, uh... I don't really get what special grade means." Itadori announced. Fushiguro's frown deepened while Kugisaki gave Itadori a little side eye along with a small sigh.

"Don't worry, Itadori-kun. To put it simply, we're 🚚ed!" y/n declared with a little smile, "We're all around grade three and two, so a Special Grade will rip us apart like a dog sinking its teeth into a chew toy!"

"Uh... what are these grades?" Itadori inqufied.

"Allow me to simplify it so even idiots can understand." Ijichi announced, "A grade four can be easily handled with a wooden bat, while you can rest easy so long as you have a handgun with a grade three."

"Grade two, it'll be a close call with shotgun, but a tank may be insufficient when going up against a grade one. As for a special grade, you might be on event footing if you carpet bomb it with cluster bombs."

"Might." y/n repeated.

"And you're saying that's what we might go up against?" Itadori demanded, absolutely flabbergasted.

"Normally, a jujutsu sorcerer of equal grade with the cursed spirit would be assigned to the mission. In this situation, it'd likely be Gojo-sensei." Fushiguro added.

"Okay... so where is Gojo-sensei anyways?"

"Away on a business trip. He's not someone who should be idling about at the school at all."

"Unfortunately, we're constantly limited with the number of sorcerers we have available, so you'll often have to take on missions above your grade." Ijichi told the small group as he adjusted his glasses, his expression grave, "The current case, however, is an abnormal one and of the upmost urgency. If you encounter a special grade, don't fight it. Your options are to run or die."

Y/n nodded, 'Simple enough. Run or die. Run on you get put in a grave, don't run or continue to live my life.'

"Please, just listen to your instincts. Your sole mission to the verify and rescue survivors—" "Excuse me!"

A frantic shout drew the group's attention to where a woman stood a distance away, a few managers holding her back and wanting her to keep her distance.

"Tadashi, is my son Tadashi alright?" the woman demanded, her eyes wide with distress. Y/n glanced at Itadori, curious to see just what kind of expression he wore. As expected, he seemed to be visibly shaken by the woman's cries.