𝟢.𝟥

(WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?)

Exorcising cursed spirits was nothing new.

Time she spent with her grandmother was either spent helping around the small village she lived in, entertaining the children there, or honing her skills as a sorcerer.

Still, when up against a beast like Sukuna, she couldn't do much aside from a quick hit and run.

And Itadori... perhaps she could've been more useful.

"Y/n! Hey, are you listening?" the voice on the other end of the line demanded and the girl jolted a bit.

"Yes, Grandmama!" she exclaimed, mustering up as much energy as possible, "You know, Grandfather has been asking about you and how you've been."

"...hmph, so what? How's his health?"

"Good, he's still out and about on missions. He just never stops." y/n replied with a smile, "I got an earful from him after my most recent mission. If you ask me, the whole situation was a load of 💩."

"Ah, right. Your classmate had died, hadn't he?" the girl's grandmother inquired, her words causing the small smile to falter, "It's a shame, dear. There's only so much you could do."

No, she could've done more.

Reverse Cursed Techniques would've been a lifesaver in a situation like that. She had the cursed energy reserves for it, just no training or guidance. There weren't many who knew how to use it as well as effectively teach others to use it.

Take Gojo for example.

He's a genius, but lacks the ability to teach others how to use reverse cursed energy due to that genius mind of his. But then again, he couldn't use it on other people...

Someone who could use it on others... oh!

That lady who had checked y/n over after patching up Fushiguro and Kugisaki! The one with the tired eyes!

"—I received word that you've gotten a recommendation from the old bastard to be promoted. Where'd that come from?" the woman on the other end had begun but y/n was already on her feet.

"Sorry, Grandmama, I'll call you back!"

"What? Is something happening?"

"Sorry, love you, bye!"

She hung up and ran across Jujutsu High's campus, very much in a hurry. So much so that she practically barreled over a boy with short hair as she went.

"Sorry!" she shouted over her shoulder as she sped off, making a beeline for her destination. 'None of the first years can use reverse cursed energy, so what the hell are we supposed to do in a situation where we're injured! I can learn! I'm good at learning stuff! I've just gotta find someone else to teach me, and I know just the person!'

Y/n skittered around for a bit before finally finding her destination, kicking down the door with a, "Ieiri-san! Please allow me to speak with you for a moment!"

Turns out, Ieiri Shoko wasn't the only person in the room. Gojo and Ijichi were there as well, and y/n hastily bowed to them with a quick, "Oh, hey there Gojo-sensei! Ijichi-san! And..." her gaze found Itadori's lifeless corpse laid out on a cot, "..."

Ieiri Shoko was a very pretty woman, but she seemed super worn out. Probably because she was one of the few sorcerers capable of using reverse cursed energy, and thus one of the only individuals eligible to be an effective doctor at the school.