𝟢.𝟤

(Keeping the cursed technique vague for now because it's complicated asf and it hurts my brain)

While Ijichi took Kugisaki away to have her injuries treated, y/n remained with Fushiguro to wait on Itadori.

"You sure you don't want me to go in?"

"I'm sure."

"If Sukuna is running rampant, I could take him."

"Oh please, you'd die in less than a minute."

The h/c haired girl laughed, "I wasn't talking about a fight, Fushiguro-kun." he looked at her, in complete shock and disbelief, "However, if I did put in some squabbles with him, I'd at least last a minute and a half."

"What did you mean by that?"

"Mean by what?"

"What you said earlier—" Fushiguro began, stopping himself with a wince, 'Nope, no, don't do it.' "Nevermind, I don't even want to know at this point."

"Don't ask questions you don't wanna know the answer to, Fushiguro." y/n hummed with a small smile before silence fell between the two of them.

The h/c haired girl fidgeted a bit, fiddling with the sword still held in her grasp. The thought of going back in with that freak Sukuna should've scared her, but the fear just wasn't getting to her.

Sword, it was that damned sword. Y/n loved her grandfather, but sometimes she wondered what he was thinking when he gave the cursed tool to her.

It was constantly yapping in her ear about this and that. Cut her! Stab him! Flay her alive! Cut his nose off! Give me more blood! More, more, more!

She couldn't remember the last time she felt genuine, butt-clenching, fear. Ahhhhh, what a pain.

Itadori on the other hand, he seemed like a nice guy.

That was the impression y/n had gotten from him in the short period of time they'd been acquainted.

'I want to get to know him even more. I want to go shopping with my classmates, I want to go out to eat with them!' y/n thought with a little determined nod, 'And I'll get to do that. I'll make sure of it!'

All of a sudden, the duo felt a jolt run through them.
The pair exchanged a look, "Was that...?"

The girl nodded, "I think it was. The innate domain fell, so that must mean the special grade is dead."

The angsty sea urchin glanced back towards the detention center, 'Now, we just need to wait for Itadori to return safely! Should I send L/n to get him?'

Another jolt, this one far more obvious. Overwhelming, suffocating pressure followed.

Fushiguro was frozen where he stood, while y/n went right into fight mode as Itadori— no, not Itadori stepped out from behind them all casual and 💩.

"If it's the brat you're wondering about, he won't be coming back." Itadori but not Itadori hummed with a little smirk.

Fushiguro looked about ready to 💩 himself.
Was he sweating, or was that just the rain?

"No need to be so frightened. I happen to be in a good mood, so let's chat for a bit." Itadori but not Itadori hummed as he walked out in front of the duo.

Y/n's eyes followed Itadori but not Itadori, waiting for him to make a move. It was difficult to stand still, a trembling hand gripping the wrist of the one that held her sword.

Not because she was scared or something, but because the damned voices were even louder than before.

'GIVE IT TO ME, COME ON CUT HIM! JUST ONCE! I WANNA SEE THAT 🚚ER BLEED!'