ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ꜰɪᴠᴇ

YOU PUSHED THE BOUQUET you had been holding towards him since coming here.

"Mikey-san, here."

Mikey looked surprised for a second, only staring at you in silence.

"This..." You cleared your throat. "This is a bouquet of flowers I had gathered myself... for Emma-san." You said. "I, um, don't know what flowers she would like, but I picked out ones I thought would be appropriate for a funeral."

You retracted the bouquet to you, staring at the flowers. "Um... These are white lilies. I heard they represent purity... or something like that." Pushing towards the bouquet to him once again, you bowed slightly. "You don't have to take care of them, but please give them to Emma-san."

Mikey stood there for while, before you felt the bouquet in your hands being taken.

"...Thanks, [Name]." Even though he looked fatigued, he managed to smile a little. "I'm sure Emma would greatly appreciate it."

You really hoped she would.

───────────────

After the priest bowed and said a few words, Draken sat in front of Emma's portrait next.

He turned to Mikey's grandfather and unexpectedly bowed down. "I loved Emma. I am very sorry." He said. "I couldn't protect her."

His words silenced the whole room.

"I see. You'd taken a liking towards her." The grandfather calmly replied, even smiling afterwards. "I'm sure she is resting well."

But in the next moment, Draken broke down. His silent sobs caused some to cry as well.

Your gaze fell to your lap, but next to you, you heard Chifuyu holding in as well. You were surprised when you turned and saw him crying.

His eyes were closed, so he didn't see you, but you quickly stared down at your lap.

I wish Mom and Papa had this many people.

Whenever you saw Emma's portrait, you couldn't help but see your mom or uncle's own portrait at their funerals.

Even you never cried then.

After a while, you all had a break, and you took this chance to head into the restroom. You sighed as you stared at a mirror of yourself.

Even though you came here to 'take a breather' as they say, the most you could do was wash your hands and stare at yourself like an idiot.

You recalled a long-lost memory.

A small young girl looked around, seeing no more than a dozen people here. Earlier, you had just overheard your supposed aunt saying that not many people came, and only a selective few relatives arrived for courtesy.

The atmosphere in the air felt suffocating, so you left for the restroom. Soon, you were done and you passed by a room with the door mildly ajar.

"Seriously, we told her he wasn't good, and she just didn't listen. She got what was coming."

"That's awful! How could you say that!? She was blindly in love!"