Chapter 20

A-kun: Happy New Year, my wonderful Reader-Chan! I hope that you all stay healthy and could accomplish everything you set out to do last year. 

Anyway. As a good start to the new year, I have a jumbo chapter with over 6000 words for you, my dear reader-Chan, who supports me. I hope you enjoy this chapter^^ 

✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤

Narrator PoV

Alexia finds herself in a white hallway. The hallway leads further into the distance with no end in sight. To the left and right of the hallway are rooms lined with iron bars that closely resemble prison cells.

 To the left and right of the hallway are rooms lined with iron bars that closely resemble prison cells

There is no discernible light source, but the place is well lit. This airy place feels a little like reality and yet a little like a dream.

Olivier walks in front of their group, Alpha follows close behind. Alexia also rushes after them so as not to be left behind.

The adult body of the beautiful elf Olivier is growing younger with every step she takes, until she is reduced to a small child.

Olivier... No, Mini Olivier walks through the bars right into a cell, and crouches on the ground.

"Long ago, young children with nowhere to go were gathered together." Alpha's voice reverberates down that endless while hallway.

Then Alpha walks on.

The cells on the left and right are now suddenly filled with small children. Boys, girls, humans, elves, beast people. Apart from their youth, there are no other similarities between them.

"Here, those children were turned into subjects of a particular experiment." Alpha stops before a cell.

''...An experiment?'' 

There's a little girl inside this cell. She is rampaging inside her cell, seemigly to have lost her sanity. From the way that she banging her head, scratching the walls, and rolling on the floor, everyone can tell that she's trying to escape unbearable pain.

Alpha walks on.

Inside the next cell is a bloodstained girl. But that blood is not from self-harm. Due to a strange alteration to her body, blood is dripping out from cracks on her skin.

That blackened and rotting appearance, Alexia recognizes.

"Demon possession..."

"The majority of the children did not react positively to 'that', and died." Alpha walks on.

There is no one in the next cell. However, the floor and walls are stained with blood and there is a hand print that appears to be screaming for help.

Then Alpha walks on, without stopping.

Cell after cell after cell, the same scene is seen repeating itself. Children suffering, and children dying.