Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Sorry for the long wait in between updates for this book. I hope you all enjoy this chapter and let me know what you think in the comments.

Barry's POV

"ANNA!" I shout as she disappears with Damian. "ANNA! Come back!" I frantically run to the computer, searching for them, but nothing comes up. "Please..." I hear a blaster firing up, and I look over my shoulder to see my friends aiming their weapons at me. "Anna's gone." I tell them. I have tears in my eyes as I say this. "I have no idea where they are."

"We first need to activate their tracer." Cisco, after realizing it's me, puts his weapon down and begins searching for Anna and Damian.

"She wouldn't go too far. She knows she has to stay close for the baby." Frost assures me, but I feel like I really lost her this time. As my team works to find Anna, I'm left to realize the damage I've done.

"Barry, are you okay?" Allegra asks me. I slowly turn to face my team.

"I remember everything: hurting my own team, forcing Damian through the portal,  leaving Iris, Kamilla, and Singh trapped. I'm sorry." I apologize.

"That wasn't you." Cisco tells me.

"Yeah, it was." I argue.

"Man, no, it wasn't. You were not yourself." Trust me, we get that." Cisco assures me, but I know the truth. "That's why we're gonna put it behind us. And we're gonna move on, all right? We're a team. We've got each other's backs.

"We're going to figure out a way to save Iris, Damian, Kamilla, and Singh. I promise." Caitlin assures me.

"You guys didn't see Anna. I've never seen her this furious. She...she looked like she would have killed me." I share. "I hurt her, and I don't know if she'll ever forgive me."

"Dude." Cisco places a hand on my shoulder and squeezes. "Anna knows better than all of us on what it's like to be in the right state of mind. Sure, she freaked out when you forced Damian through the portal, but she loves you. She's in mama bear mode, and right now, we have to find her to assure her that Damian is safe. Once we do that, all you have to do is kiss and make up."

"I wish it was going to be that easy. I..." I rake my hands through my hair in frustration. "I just want to know if she's okay and...she won't answer my calls and..."

"Found her." Caitlin announces.

"Really? Where is she?"

"She's..." Caitlin furrows her brows.

"What? Is there something wrong?" I ask with desperation in my voice.

"She's somewhere on the Italian Countryside."

"What?"

"Well, girl knows where to go to take some space. I like it." Cisco comments and I give him a look. "What? It's not like she's incapable of caring for herself and Damian. She's literally one of the most brilliant people we've ever known, and she's a badass ex-assassin and a meta with an array of powers. She's fine."