Chapter 1: All's Well That Ends Well...

Washington DC, USA

The Academy of Espionage

Friday, three weeks since their "Vacation"

1400 Hours

"Hey Ben! Have you seen that new James Bond movie that just came out? I heard it was pretty good" Mike said while eating some burnt chicken. "Not yet, I was going t-" I was saying when Erica punched my arm. "Our date!" Erica whispered under her breath harshly. "Sorry, I meant to say that I haven't seen it yet" I said while munching on some salad. I know, I know. How could Ben of all people forget about a movie 8 date with Erica. It's just that the stress of the mid-terms (that I missed because of the 'vacation') have really been working a number on me. "Well if you want to come over Saturday to watch it, my dorms always open." "Are you sure that's safe" Erica scoffed. "I meant it metaphorically Erica" Mike said a bit distastefully. "Oh, did you now. Tell that to your three broken locks." Mike stood up slightly, getting heated. "Hey, there is no need for this during lunch" I said before a fight broke out.

"Annnnnyway guys, what have yall been up to" Zoe said also trying to ease the mood. "I've been training, as usual" Erica said. "I've been trying to catch up with my mid-terms" I said. "I've just been living life, trying to get back to my old self after what happened" Mike said sighing. "It hasn't felt the same since, I miss the action." "Mike, its been 2 weeks, get over it. It takes me months usually to get new missions, and I'm one of the lucky ones." "I know, it's just hard to come b-." "Coool, well I have been hacking into Amazons production network and saw that the James Bond's actor has a 3-movie contract, meaning that we could see 2 more movies soon" Zoe said cutting us off. "Really, I thou-" I started to say when the bell rang. "Oops, gotta go. Our classes our on opposite sides" I said as I took the last bite of my salad and picked up Erica. "You ready?" "Yeah. See you later Zoe!" she called back as I speedily jogged to her class.

We were the first in Ericas class, so I placed her in the back. Erica was in advanced weaponry with Mr. Tills Dale while I was still in basic. I could barely aim a gun, let alone shoot it. "See you later" I said as I kissed her on her forehead. "You too, bye." I raced out the door only having 3 minutes left to get to self-preservation. I busted threw the door right as the bell rang, making it just on time. "Nice of you to join us Ripley, take a seat in the front row" Mr. Crandall said. I sat down as Crandall started his mumbling about evil dogs or something. It was going to be a long day.

XxxTime_SkipxxX

I took out our keys and opened the door to our dorm. "It's good to be back" I said exhausted. "I get Crandall wants to keep his true self secret, but does he have to talk about evil dogs." Erica giggled, "You never know when SPYDER will send a pack of angry dogs our way." I placed Erica down in her wheelchair and opened up the mini fridge. "Do you want anything" I said grabbing a coke. "Some sparkling water, thank you." Ring Ring, Ring Ring. "Yo Ben, wanna play some COD over here" Mike said on the call. "Not right now I have to-" I said looking at Erica. "-study." "Alright, sure you are. Can you come over here tomorrow though? Me and Zoe are going to play some board games." "Sure, that sounds good. Talk to you later" I said hanging up the phone. "Hey Erica" I said while sipping on my coke. "What?" "Do you want to come over, it's been a while since you have joined a group activity" I said, trying to convince her. "Isn't two people a big enough group." "Come on, it'll be fun. Remember last time." "Last time I ended up having to show our texts between each other in a game of truth or dare. Luckily, we weren't dating yet" Erica said smirking. I just laughed and said, "Erica please, I'll buy you a salad." She started laughing to and finally bought in. "Fine. But if we start to do something I don't like, I'm going to leave." "Sounds like a deal to me" I said, still laughing.

It was getting late, so I started the movie and brought out some salads I got from the cafeteria. "I put extra parmesan on it just like you wanted" I said putting on the movie and seating Erica. "Thanks Ben, you didn't have to you know." "Anything for you is not too much" I said in a posh voice. We started to cuddle up on the couch together as the movie started. I just looked into Ericas eyes though. They were a cold blue, her eyes looked like an endless fridged ocean of dancing waves. Only I could see them though, everyone else could only see a desolate Icey Mountain, only I could thaw her out. "Ben, Ben!" "Oh, sorry, what did you say." "I already figured out the main villain and the twist one" Erica said proudly. I looked at her dumbfounded. "How? We are barley 10 minutes into the movie!" "I am not going to spoil it for you, but it was pretty obvious." "I bet it was for you." "Oh, shut up and come here. I'm cold" Erica said, pulling me closer.

We watched the movie and Erica turned out to be right about all the villains. Of course, she did point out everything that they got wrong about spying, but it was still a fun time. Erica and I were drifting off to sleep, her head on my shoulder. Everything went black as I smelled the familiar sent of lilacs and gunpowder brush against my cheek. I dreamt of a boat sailing a cold sea, trying to heat up the area. I saw majestic whales and seals everywhere, when a thunderstorm hit. It tossed and turned the boat until it sank, the ocean freezing atop of it, trapping them below the surface. Thats when I woke up to the real life parrel of the storm in my ear.

"Ben, Ben, wake up!" I heard in my ear. Murray, of course it was his job to wake me up. "You better get your but over to the arcade stat, we don't have time to dilly dally. The boss wants to get out quick." I moved Erica's head off my shoulder and gently rested her head on a couch pillow. I was walking out the door when I turned around and took a last look at Erica for the night, knowing that this could all be over soon. "Ben, hurry up!" Murray snapped in my ear. I wanted to rip out my earpiece and forget about the whole thing, but I knew I couldn't. "Coming" I said softly as I walked out the door.

I'm Back!!!!!! Thank you guys for all the support on my last book, it really means a lot to me that you liked it, so I am back with a sequel. At the time of me writing this, SSTO has 1500 views, so thank yall again. I wanted this chapter to just be a smooth introduction back in before we jump into action, but I am going to try to get the mission started early. Also go check out BBNovelist if you like the Game of Thrones books, she's working on a really good fanfic based on the books. She also is helping me with the official cover of this book so show her some love. I hoped you liked this chapter and have a great day. 😀