Chapter 9: A Mousterious Pressence

Man I'm so glad that road trip is over, I had a bit of fun ever since I went with my family for the winter holidays, and now, I can continue my work here online with more of my story details as much as I can. I will edit more of the story and some of the previous parts so that way it can be a bit more interesting in some ways, but for right now, I'm just going to do one chapter at a time.

So in the next chapter, we have a brief conversation with the Thea Sisters at night once again as we continue to have our own thoughts about the world we were in, and ask them if they have any specific plans for their journey to Norway in a matter of days. However, a strange presence wakes us up in our sleep as one particular mouse starts to stalk the halls of the academy.

_______________________________________________________________________________

In front of us were Pamela, Violet, and Colette who bumped into us two when they were leaving their friend's room. They were going to head off to bed too when they came across us.

"Oh hello again." I spoke chuckling as I noticed the three Thea Sisters in front of me.

"Do we keep running into you or what? This can't be a coincidence." Colette spoke chuckling.

"What are you two doing up this late? Shouldn't you be in your dorm room?" Pamela asked us both.

"Oh yeah in fact we were just heading over there now, you heading back to your rooms?" Phil asked the mice. 

"Indeed. In fact we just got word from Paulina's little sister that she will be hearing the news on our next adventure when we get the inside scoop of our next great adventure in Norway." Violet squeaked.

"Really? That's amazing!" I spoke excitedly gladly hearing that at least some parts of my childhood were coming back.

"Shhhh might want to keep it down, it's getting close to bed time." Violet shushed me as she held her hands with keeping the volume to a silence.

I then nodded as I understood her words. "Sorry sorry. Guess I might have been drinking too much cream cheese for dinner I suppose." I whispered in a quieter mouse tone.

Colette started to chuckle at this thinking my words were very funny. Phil on the other hand was just winced that I made that up and seriously it was a bad one. To us humans but not to the mice here in the book world.

Violet and Pamela just smiled and rolled their eyes knowing that there is a bit of connection going on between me and Colette. But a bit of jealousy was starting to form on the fashonista and the car expert/pizza lover Pamela.

"Um, do I detect a sudden shift of jealousy here?" Phil asked the girls.

Violet noticed Phil's question as she coughed a bit for some attention for her friends. 

The two other rodents snapped out of their small trance as they turned at their Asian friend. 

"Oh sorry, that seemed a bit awkward for some of us." Colette squeaked.

"Yeah, sorry. Hope we can just forget about that part soon enough." Pamela spoke clearing her throat. 

We smiled at each other as we continued to discuss. We extended our list of details that each of the girls want to go on special adventures related to journalism like be an actual mechanic or be a violinist. I was still impressed because this was what I thought the author really wanted, to go around the world to solve mysteries related to history and not just make friends, but to tell Thea about how they did. 

"So is it true you and your friends go on mystery solving too?" Colette inquired the both of us.

I still didn't like the idea of being asked of what we really do because they wouldn't understand. Then we heard some cackling thunder from outside the building as it began to rain.