Part 210

Espio felt quite nervous when he returned home, to meet Shadow who was sitting on the couch while reading one of his history study books, as Silver was sleeping with their head resting on his lap. They were curled up on the couch holding Bunny Bun tightly.

Shadow stayed that night. The two of them talked all night about the meeting with Silver's caretaker and the information he shared with them. Espio's eyes often moved down to Silver, while they were talking Shadow was stroking their quills almost constantly, which made Espio feel uncomfortable. He had hoped he was able to talk with Silver and give them some affection after the conversation he had with their caretaker.

The next morning Silver felt surprised they slept the whole night and didn't even notice Espio returning home. It felt quite awkward to them to not be able to talk to Espio in private as they were quite worried the evening before, but also very happy he returned home.

At breakfast Silver didn't eat anything either, it was quiet at the table as Shadow and Espio were quite tired by talking everything through all night long. Neither of them said anything about Silver not eating as they felt quite grumpy because of the lack of coffee as they didn't have anything in stock.

At school they did split up, Silver went to art class and Shadow and Espio went to the library to meet up with Lanolin. Silver often shared a look with Espio that morning, as they both really wanted to talk, but with Shadow near them, it didn't seem like a good idea. Awkwardly they promised to see each other at lunch.

The girls perked up curiously when Silver entered the class room. "Hey," They said uncomfortable and their eyes moved to Honey who didn't actually look at them. They looked a bit doubtful and carefully took the seat next to her.

"Hey Honey."

"Hey," She responded quietly.

Ms. Rose started the lesson on aquarelle techniques, she explained them how to use the materials and how you can use it in different ways. They all started to experiment, by first making a colour sheet of all the aquarelles they had, to see what happens when you add more water and use it on a wet and dry surface.

Silver looked curiously at Honey as she was quietly working with the aquarelles. "How are you doing?" They asked concerned.

Honey rested her head in her hand and let out a deep sigh as she made another brushstroke, "Okay I guess."

"Are you sure?" Silver asked. She shrugged her shoulders as a response. Silver bit their lip doubtfully, "I really am sorry, I didn't tell you sooner. I do feel so bad about it."

"It's not your fault," She said and looked upset down at her hands, "It's just... Why the first time I actually feel something deeper for someone and I think he feels something for me too, he turns out to be gay?"

The girls looked a little painful at her. "I really am sorry, but well, Espio hides it pretty well in public, to be honest. I didn't know he was gay either, well eventually I knew he was not straight, but well I didn't expected him to be gay either," Silver explained unsure if it would make her feel any better. "He does his best to hide it for others."

"Why, actually?" Honey asked as she looked up at them with a frown, Silver could see that she looked rather tired and confused, as if she hadn't slept so well that evening. "You would expect nowadays it won't be such a big deal. Why fool others?"

Silver bit their tongue and sighed, "He doesn't do it to fool anyone, but he doesn't want to get the word out. His father is a very traditional man. I heard him say that he only wanted Espio to date other reptiles," Silver blushed as they thought back to the benefit and what they have heard Harold say.