Chapter 24

Danny Pov

When he answered he was breathing like a bull.

"Dean please." I can try to play tough with Kyle, but Dean simply won't stand for it.

"Are you on your way?" He asked.

I blew out a breath, sniffled and wiped my nose.

"Dean, just give me a little bit of time."

He made a noise that sounded like a low rumble in his chest. I became more fearful.

"I-I just feel it's best that I stay here until we find out who was at the Villa. I d-don't want to put you in danger."

"You really think I won't come over there with a grenade launcher and blow that motherfucker up!"

I jumped as he screamed into the phone. I was crying hysterically.

"Dean please, stop. You're scaring me."

I closed my eyes and cried some more when he chuckled darkly. I hated that chuckle. It never ended well for me.

I suddenly found some courage. How dare he act this way towards me when he did what he did to Michelle. I saw how he looked at me. Like it was my fault for not believing him about her. Then he killed her.

"Why were you with Michelle that night?"

"Are you sure that's a question you want an answer to, sweet pea."

"Yes."

"She was there to fuck me."

"Dean." I gasped. "How-how could you be so crude? She's dead and you're tarnishing her name."

"Well, what the fuck you think she was doing kissing on me. She was trying to seduce me." He actually growled this time. He's getting angrier.

My brain refuses to accept that. There has to be something missing.

"Is that why you killed her?"

"When did I have time to plant a bomb on someone's car? I didn't even know she was coming or that she knew where we lived."

I remained silent, thinking.

"These are questions you should have asked two years ago. You doubted us. It's time for reparations and for you to accept the consequences of your actions."

"I've never doubted you Dean. I doubted myself." I knew that was a lie even when I said it. I doubted him and accused him and I'm still not 100% sure he didn't do it.

"Hmm. Now you have less than 24 hours for fucking with me. It's time you learn who we really are."

"The Rothchile's right."

"Who told you?"

"Kyle. He didn't say much. Just to google you and call him right afterwards."

He remained silent and I can tell he was thinking.

"Dean, can we start over? Can we go back to how things used to be?"

"You mean before you accused me of murder."

"I'm sorry."

Nothing.

"Dean. If-if I come back. What will you do to me?"

"Oh, sweet pea. I'm going to give you everything you deserve."

I hung up the phone. My heart couldn't take the constant thumping and pounding in fear. It's about to beat out of my chest. I can't do it. I can't go back to him. I need to leave. I need to get out of here. Maybe I can go back to my villa. I went to my room and called for the maid. I wrote a letter to my benefactor. I won't go back to him if all he can think about is torturing me for leaving him. I'm done with being punished like a child. I won't accept that. Not even from the man that I'm so deeply in love with.