Chapter 25

Danny Pov

22 hours later

I bit my lip as I stared at the time. He said I had less than 24 hours. Should I just take my chances and run. I need to go and talk to Kunal. He's acting differently today, and I don't know why. He said he would protect me. But with the way he's acting, I'm starting to doubt it. My benefactor hasn't gotten back with me either.

I was walking towards Kunal's office when I heard shouts. Raised voices then automatic rifles blasting off. I dropped down to the floor. Kunal shot from his office. He grabbed me and pulled out a gun. "Shh. Stay quiet. Stay low. I will protect you, Danny."

I nodded. More of Kunal's men ran out the door with guns. We made our way to the garage. He has a detached garage as well. Bullet was whizzing by and our heads and connecting in the distance, breaking the sheetrock. I jumped as Kunal shot a man coming at us. I screamed. "Danny, quiet."

I was so afraid. But somehow in that moment, he reminded me of Dean and Kyle and I felt a little safer. His face was passive and void of emotions. He was listening and moving us quietly through the house.

He dropped us down on the floor when a man turned the corner with a machine gun and started firing. Kunal shot him in the knee, when he fell to the floor screaming, Kunal shot him in the head. I gasped and screamed and grabbed my head. I was losing it. This can't be real life. This scene is straight out of a movie.

"Danny, shh, shh." Why was he so calm? His demeanor looks like that of a killer.

It seems like it's taking us forever to get to the backyard. He has a large backyard with a tall wall that's made of vines and thick foliage. We were almost at the veranda when we were met with a lady and three armed men behind her.

"Don't move. Drop the gun." They caught us before we could turn around or open fire.

"Come to me, Danny. Now." She shouted at me. I stared in confusion. Who is this lady?

Kunal stood in front of me protectively.

"Who are you," asked Kunal.

Her answer was to shoot Kunal. He fell to the ground gasping and holding his chest wound.

I dropped down to the ground. "Kunal! Kunal, please keep your eyes open." I put pressure on his wound.

I looked down at him. Blood was coming from his mouth. He raised his hand to my cheek. "I love you, Danny." I cried harder.

"Grab her and let's go," commanded the lady.

The men were coming towards me. I was about to run when they were shot down by bullets. The lady dash from the back yard.

I was snatched up. I looked into the murderous eyes of Dean. "Please help him." Dean wasn't bulging. I turned to Kyle. "Kyle please."

Dean grabbed me by my hair. He put a gun under my chin. I gasped.

"Dean," Kyle shouted, reprimanding him.

Kunal gasps were growing softer and quieter.

Dean smiled. "I'll help him if that's what you wish." He pointed the gun at Kunal's head and fired.

I screamed. I screamed and thrashed as they pulled me to a truck. I screamed and cried all the way to his house. I cried and screamed when he threw me on the floor in his foyer.

But when he brought me to the room that I hated and feared, my cries became silent. "Don't get quiet now, sweet pea." He smirked.

"Let's revisit the defiance that I've been hearing over the phone."