Pinpoint

[ Thank you for your patience. I apologize that this took so long to begin but I hope you all enjoy the beginning of this story. Just a quick boundary check, I personally am not a fan of my work being compared to other works. Also wanted to say please avoid sexual or suggestive comments, I am sex repulsed and would very much prefer to not see anything involving such stuff, so please respect my wishes. Thank you once again. Enjoy..

Also if you are new to my works, welcome ! I want to give a quick note that I don't write romance/ships, everything is platonic!! ]

—————————

A nightly breeze twirled the fallen leaves that scattered these empty Yoyle city streets, where debris also gathered around telling the tales of an incident that seemed to be left unforgotten.

An empty city was no surprise to anyone really, many knew that Yoyle city had been abandoned before those who competed in a competition for Dream Island had come across it and settled down at such a place. As they waited for the next events that will come to add excitement to their lives once more, many other objects had arrived to call this place home at the time. They formed friendships and grew to understand each other, even if they kept their distances from a select few they couldn't get along with. Regardless, more came and the city grew to be alive once more...

A rushing crunch of leaves at every step was made as the armed and hooded object ran swiftly down the deserted Yoyle streets, releasing an echo at every sound they made that bounced between the empty walls. They carried their loaded crossbow in hand as they held it close to their chest, taking aim at every few steps where they came to a halt for a moment at any rustle that revealed itself to the hollow city. Once nothing appeared or any sign of danger was lacking, they would continue on their hurried pace as they searched and searched for something in the shadows.

Brief clouds would pass by overhead, plunging the area into a complete darkness for a few moments before clearing up as best as it could for a mist hung amongst the emptiness making visibility rather difficult. But the racing object took sharp turns, as well as ducked and jumped over debris that got in the way. Their search seemed restless as they held a strong focus to where they were headed, before a loud thud caught their attention. They halted instantly, holding a still aim where they saw the ruined entrance of an abandoned building. The pitch black darkness inside hid every corner of the room and fell deathly silent after the sound. The object stood unmoving, holding their crossbow tighter and fixing their index finger onto the trigger that would release the sharp handcrafted arrow in an instant.

No movement.

No sound.

The thick breeze passed through as the object stood its ground in this painful waiting game, letting the hood over their head flow strongly with the wind. Maybe it was nothing. Maybe the wind had entered the building and knocked something over.. Though it was highly unlikely, it was better to believe such a thought compared to holding a stalemate with possibly nothing but a simple empty abyss. The object lowered their arms slowly, allowing the tension to break.

Crk.

In an instant, the object whipped around behind themself, not taking even a moment before quickly taking aim and pulling the trigger on their crossbow. In the blink of an eye, the arrow shot forward at whatever had snuck up behind them, but seemingly missed as it whooshed past the presumed individual— "COINY!" Needle stumbled to the side when the arrow had flown past her, before it hit metal and made a loud clink that echoed throughout the area.