1 | The Boy In The Rain

Despite being a girl from a poor region of Inazuma, a country isolated to the rest, my life carried exhilaration and delight. My family's house was barely large enough for my three siblings and I to rest in, along with my mother and father. Through each other's comfort, we managed to get this far in life. In the rain, hail and thunderstorms, even the Shogun's lightening couldn't break apart our bond. 

I was the second youngest in the family, my youngest being my younger brother - Ayuto. That cheeky bastard would somehow always end up getting on my nerves, but knew that it was just his duty as a typical twelve year old. I wouldn't have been surprised if he tattled on me for something that I never did, yet I still loved him for we shared the same blood. Him and I looked the most alike in the family - the same shaped eyes, hair, everything even down to the way we smiled or glared. I was three years older than him, yet we looked like twins. 

My sister was probably one of the most beautiful people I had seen. Her name bestowed on her was perfectly fitting - Misen, they called her, and I still awed at her beauty to this day. Her eyes were the same shade as mine, but they shone even brighter like luminous stars. She was always reserved, cautious of when to speak out and when to remain silent - but her personality changed when she was with us. She didn't talk much around others, but with us she became the wild dog - shouting across the room to grab my attention, commanding us to the chores and reminding us to make the bed every morning. I suppose she had enough shame to act more calmly when outside. 

The oldest out of us was big brother Hideshi. He behaved like the oldest sibling, like he should - mature, composed and respectful. He was almost double my age, so I guess our bond wasn't as large compared to with Ayuto, the one closest in age to me. But thank God he existed, otherwise we would perhaps be a mess in both the house and society. He made sure that we were being respectful when meeting guests, and ensured that we were keeping our manners. He was a brutal perfectionist, and when something was off-putting, he had to fix it. He also fixed our house numerous times, with that stupidly incredible brain of his. He had always considered to move to Sumeru to attend the Academia - but that would cost money, and lots of it

My parents were the sweetest, the ones that I would forever be in debt to no matter how difficult my situation was. I could never betray them - they were my everything. From the reason to how I was born and how I continued to survive in the tyrannical hands of the Shogun, to how I found my happiness and place here - it was majorly thanks to them. 

To mother and father, Ayuto, sister Misen and brother Hideshi: 

Thank you for being with me, and I love you all. 

∘₊✧─────────────────────✧₊∘

Today, it was raining like hell. Our rooftop was barely holding up the monstrous waves of rain, and the only noise that filled our tiny house was lightening, thunder and rain that pounded. Everyone seemed to be doing something to pass the time - Ayuto was talking with his imaginary friend, sister Misen was doing some last minute preparation for her coming of age ceremony and Hideshi was reading the thickest book that I had ever seen. 

I groaned as I found nothing to do myself in this terrible weather - the game that Hideshi made for me for my twelfth birthday was broken by Ayuto, of course he broke it. So here I sat on a worn out couch, staring at the blank wall because that was the most interesting thing I could find. I watched in agony, until I was reminded of something that was terribly urgent. Super urgent. Well at least for a foolish fifteen-year old like me. How could I have forgotten the most important thing today?