X | ONESHOT: A Classmate Named Scaramouche

A/N: I rarely ever write oneshots, because I find it hard to condense a story into a single chapter and make it actually flow. So I apologise if this is not that great! Anyways, thank you for clicking! Also, I just love this song so much :)

∘₊✧─────────────────────✧₊∘

As I stared out the window with a blank expression, all that came to my sight were the unending drops of rain that fell relentlessly, accompanied by lightning that striked every few seconds. One hand served as a support for my chin, while the other simultaneously crumpled up pieces of paper then chucking them into the bin, scoring a goal every now and then. I took any piece of paper I could find on the cluttered desk, seemingly out of boredom. Each crinkle echoed the simplicity of a bored mind seeking a distraction, as if it was the only command playing in my mind. 

Then as I scored my last paper that became crumpled heavily by my two hands, an agitated expression suddenly became plastered to my face, and became hugely troubled. I stared at my two hands as if they were perpetrators of a gruesome murder, and a sensation of anxiety filled my stomache as my eyes shifted to the trash can. 

"Crap, that was my homework!" I choked as my hands trembled as they rummaged through the pile of trash and crumpled papers, and sighed in relief as I found the right one. The teacher wouldn't mind if it's been crinkled a little, would it? As soon as I thought that everyone would be okay, my eyes scanned around the surface of the paper, and immediately took a step back in shock as I discovered a detailed drawing of a certain ginger haired boy in my class. 

"Childe? When the heck did I draw him?" I thought to myself as I quarelled with myself in my head, trying to remember the exact moment I drew him on my homework paper. Then again, I seemed to always unconsciously draw him in my books too, always reminded by his blue, sparkly eyes that had captured my heart ever since the day I saw him. 

As I continued to argue with myself internally, I glanced at the doodles in my textbooks, revealing a recurring theme - Childe, it was always Childe. His presence felt like a secret I couldn't keep, a manifestation of my infatuation with my crush who had somehow ended up appearing before my eyes, whether it was in reality or a simple drawing. 

I knew that my love for him was destined for disappointment - Childe already had a girlfriend, Lumine. But even knowing that, the sensation I felt when I saw him could never escape my heart, as if it was just a fixed fact for me to love him. Perhaps it was the way he spoke, the way he laughed, or the vulnerability hidden behind those confident eyes. Love, it seemed, defied rationality, weaving a tapestry of emotions that refused to be unraveled. I couldn't escape the fact that, even though he belonged to someone else, my heart insisted on loving him. Everytime I told myself that my feelings for him was destined to never return, my mind would always bring back the feeling I felt when I was with him. 

The drawing of him had already taken over half the page, and now the fact that the paper was crumpled seemed insignificant. The teacher would certainly think I was a weirdo who only cared about boys. The temptation to simply not submit the homework tugged at me. Maybe it was the most plausible idea, sparing me the awkward conversation that was bound to follow. However, the consequences were clear - detention, a punishment for my refusal to meet the academic expectations set before me. I pulled the ends of my hair, stressed over the drawing, but concluded that detention would be heaps better than embarassing myself like this. 

"Whatever... I'd rather just go to detention." I sighed, gazing at the drawing of Childe, tracing around the outline with the tip of my fingertips.