Forbidden Forest

Dear my cards,
This chapter is somewhat like a part two of the last chapter. But I didn't want to make it one big chapter because I wanted to focus more on the forest.
XOXO
-Wildcard

"Who's that?" Hagrid asked us. Harry recognized the hair and said, "Malfoy." He said it with gritted teeth. I quickly took Norbert off of my head and gave him back to Hagrid as the trio was leaving. I told him that I'll try to stop by to see Norbert. And I heard the trio talking when they stopped. I quickly headed out only to see McGonagall sternly looking at them and she seemed shocked that I came out after them. "Good evening." She said with Draco by her side. "Nothing, I repeat, nothing gives a student rights to walk around the school at night. 50 points will be taken from each of you." She told us and I gave Draco a what the hell look. And he mouthed 'I was able to get Gryffindor to lose 150 points. Besides you can get 50 points just by asking for them.' And I did an ok face.

"50?" Harry said. "Each. And to ensure this doesn't happen again. All five of you will be getting detention." I smirked at Draco and he smiled at me only to be replaced by a concerned look. "Excuse me, Professor. Perhaps I heard you wrong, I thought you said the five of us." Draco said and my smirk just broadened. "No, you heard me correctly, Mr. Malfoy. You see, as honorable as your intentions were, you too were out of your bed after hours. You too will join your classmates in detention." McGonagall said before leading us back inside.

The next night Draco and I were walking down to Hagrid's Hut, talking. Draco's arm was around my shoulders and it was peaceful. Then he started pestering me about what I saw in the mirror and I just told him that if he didn't tell me his then I wouldn't tell him mine. "So, what did you want to do tomorrow?" He asked me and I shrugged. "I was mostly going to start practicing a hobby I started getting into." "What is that hobby?" He sounded genuinely curious so I told him. "I like doing aerial silk dancing." And he seemed confused. "That is when you use silks and dance with them. You can climb up them, spin, or even fall which is always fun. You should see it some time." I told him and he seemed interested.

"What do you want to do tomorrow?" I asked him. "I was going to go to the lake and sit by the edge and play chess if I wanted to." "Well, count me in!" I said. "But I thought you had your silks?" He said and I scoffed. "I never said what time I was going to. So I can just do it before or after." I said to him and he seemed to get happier. Then I tripped and he caught me and pulled me close. We realized how close we were and separated. "You okay?" "Yeah, thanks for catching me." I said. "Anytime, Wildcard." He told me and I raised an eyebrow. "Wildcard?" "Come on, it's a nickname. Your name is basically a nickname and when I think of the word Ace, I think of cards, and you can be a bit on the wild side. So Ace, I am calling Wildcard. Just like the term that people say when playing cards and there is a wildcard."

I nodded and then kissed his cheek. "I love it." I told him and he beamed. "Now what should my nickname be for you Draco." I asked him and he shrugged. "Dray, Drac, D, Dragon, or Blondie." I said listing them off on my fingers. He seemed on edge about the last one and I think that one embarrassed him so I said, "I think I like Blondie the best, Blondie." And my idea worked, he started blushing so I laughed and he lightly pushed me. By the time this ended we were at Hagrid's and everyone was there looking at us. "What?" Draco spat and everyone looked away. We saw Filch standing there with a lantern looking sour.

"A pity they let the old punishments die. There was a time when detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. God, I miss the screaming." Filch said and Draco gave a look of horror. I understand, I mean my dad he would find this funny along with me, but I don't think I would miss the screaming. The only good screaming came from torture. "You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the dark forest." Filch continued while Hagrid sniffled and I wondered what was wrong.

"A sorry lot, this, Hagrid. Oh, good god, man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon, are you?" Filch asked with resentment in his voice, but the only thing I could think about was Norbert, what happened to him. It seemed that Hagrid read my mind because he said, "Norbert's gone. Dumbledore sent him off the Romania to live with a colony." He was sniffling the whole time he said that.

"Well, that's good, isn't it? He'll be with his own kind." Hermione said. I just had to interfere because she didn't realize that Hagrid really liked Norbert. "Granger, you do know that he lost a pet that he cared about and even if they didn't know each other for long, he still liked him and he misses him." And she looked annoyed that I said something, but everyone had a look on their face that said that I was right.

Hagrid sent me a grateful look and turned back to Hermione, "Yeah, but what if he don't like Romania? What if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby, after all." Hagrid said to her and she seemed to realize what I just told her. "Oh, for god's sake, pull yourself together, man. You're going into the forest, after all. Got to have your wits about you." Filch told Hagrid firmly and Draco seemed to get even more nervous. "The forest? I thought that was a joke? We can't go in there. Students aren't allowed. And there are- . . . werewolves." He said and when he mentioned the thing about werewolves, a howl rung out and he got more scared than I had ever seen him.

"There's more than werewolves in those trees, lad. You can be sure of that. Nighty- night. Filch said before turning around and leaving while laughing. "Right, let's go." Hagrid told us and we turned and headed into the forest.

We stopped in front of a pile of silvery liquid and it piqued my interest as I haven't seen a liquid like that before. "Hagrid, what is that?" Harry asked and we nodded hoping to get some answers. "What we're here for. See that? That's unicorn blood, that is. I found one dead a few weeks ago. Now, this one's been hurt bad by something. So it's our job to go and find the poor beast. Ron, Hermione, you'll go with me. Harry, Malfoy, you'll go with Ace." Hagrid said when Draco spoke up finally finding a voice, "Okay, then I get Fang." "Just so you know, he's a bloody coward."

We were walking in the forest with me in the lead and the boys cowering behind me. "You wait till my father hears about this. This is servant's stuff." Draco said and Harry scoffed. "If I didn't know any better, Draco, I'd say you were scared." He said and I got really annoyed. "Scared, Potter?" Draco scoffed when he heard another howl. "Come on, Fang. Scared." Draco scoffed again. They continued bickering until I couldn't take it anymore. "Will you two please just shut the fuck up and walk. Harry, you need to shut up and Blondie, you need to as well." I told them and they both looked down. "Anytime, Wildcard." Draco told me and I blushed.

Soon we were walking on flat ground, but with a shitload of roots. "What is it, Fang?" Harry said and Fang growled. There was a cloaked figure hovering over the unicorn drinking its blood. Draco who is scared, ran away screaming. And I will use that against him somehow. After he ran, the figure saw us standing over there. The figure started heading over when a centaur scared him away. "Harry Potter, Ace Potter, you must leave. You are known to many creatures here. The forest is not safe at this time. Especially for you." The centaur named Firenze said to us.

"But what was that thing that was coming towards us? Harry asked. "A monstrous creature. It is a terrible crime to slay a unicorn. Drinking the blood of a unicorn will keep you alive even if you are an inch from death. But at a terrible price. You have slain something so pure, that the moment the blood touches your lips, you will have a half-life. A cursed-life." Firenze told us. "But who would choose that sort of life?" Harry asked and I facepalmed. "Can you think of no one?" Firenze asked looking at me. "Do you mean to say that the thing killing the unicorn was, was." Harry said but he didn't finish so I did for him, "Harry, it was Fa-Voldemort."

"Do you know what is hidden in the school as we speak?" And I heard Harry say 'the sorcerers stone.' Just then everyone appeared suddenly. "Harry!" I heard Hermione say and I rolled my eyes. "Hey, Wildcard." "Hey Blondie. The fact that you ran away screaming, I'm going to tell our friends." I whispered into his ear and he seemed annoyed and hit my arm.

"Hello there, Firenze. I see you've meet our young Mr. and Miss. Potter. You alright there, Harry?" Hagrid asked and Firenze started getting into a running position while he said, "Harry Potter, Ace Potter, this is where I leave you. You're safe now, good luck." He said before setting off.

Draco and I soon parted ways with the others and we headed down to the common room talking and him begging me not to share what happened. But I told him that they would ask questions and I would never lie to them. And he kept calling me out for the bluff, since I have lied to them before, best example was why we got detention. But I still told him that I wouldn't change my mind.