Chapter 2

Alora winced in pain as her forehead throbbed in pain. She hissed at the stinging sensation. This pain was different. It wasn't like what she felt a moment ago. She touched her forehead and brought her fingers in front of her eyes and stared as she saw blood on them. It was then when she paid attention to her surroundings. She was lying on the floor of a dimly lit space. The space was dingy like a storeroom.

What is this?

She looked around in panic. She was supposed to drive to LFG. But...what was she doing in this place...and what was this? Why was she wearing jeans and a shirt...wasn't she wearing something else?

It was now when she heard a very familiar voice, "My sweet Ara...does it hurt?"

Alora didn't feel anyone's presence till now. She looked up to find her beautiful step sister bending towards her. "Kaira?"

What the hell?

"It hurt the same when you told mom everything. What did I ask? I just asked you to take my classes and do my work but you had to be the whiny baby and complain to Mom." Kaira tsked.

Alora couldn't say anything except witnessing everything wide eyed.

"But don't worry dear Ara. Just as you destroyed me...I will destroy you. Just in a different way. Ah! And I forgot to mention that, your father promised me that he won't let my career get screwed. He's gonna help."

Alora looked around. She was alone. No. She was not alone. There was somebody else there. Somebody who didn't feel right. Alora felt shivers running down her spine. She could feel something was going to happen.

I need to escape.

Alora closed her eyes in fear as she heard strong and determined footsteps approaching her. She had no idea what was happening but it was scaring her. She opened her eyes at the sound of growling.

Maya?

Alora gasped seeing a wolf...black as night...growling at her its white teeth scaring her but what scared her was its eyes. Blue eyes. A blue which she had never witnessed, yet it somehow felt familiar. Familiar as if she saw it recently.

Where?

She tried to move back using her hands as support but her hands started getting wet. She brought her hand in front of her eyes.

Mud? Or was it...blood?

Alora screamed. She threw her hands and legs towards the wolf to prevent it coming towards her. Her panic intensified as she felt her hands and legs were caught by someone. Panic settled in her chest as she continued to scream in agony keeping her eyes shut.

"Alora." She heard someone's voice.

The voice was familiar. The voice was worried. Worried for her.

"Alora. Wake up Alora. It's just a dream. Wake up." The voice tried to soothe her.

Alora gasped for air as she opened her eyes. Her eyes widened in fear and agony. She looked around, taking in her surroundings. Her eyes unfocused as she looked at everything.

"Alora!" Alora turned her eyes towards the source of the sound. She looked around her frantically. Her eyes were unfocused and foggy. She tried to recognize her surroundings but her brain couldn't recognize it. Her breathings quick as if she just ran a marathon, her body sweaty. Her brain slowly started clearing up.

It's not night anymore.

It's not dark anymore.

It's not a dark forest anymore.