Chapter 3

Alora glanced at her wrist watch.

What is even going on?

It's been two hours since she entered the lavish building with no sign of Asher Hughes or any of his subordinates. She glanced towards the pleasant young lady who was not anymore pleasant. The woman was now getting irritated by her. Well, she had her reasons. Alora hasn't been sitting continuously in her spot. She'd go to the woman from time to time to ask about her meeting the man. The woman tried to smile every time, but now her smile was growing wary. Alora's stomach had stopped growling in anger a lot earlier. Her stomach felt heavy and she felt a little nauseous, but she needed to stay here. Meet the man.

"Ms. Watson?" Alora looked up at her sudden call of name.

A man in his twenties or maybe thirties stood there. He was well dressed. Alora scowled at the man. Nobody was supposed to know her except if they...

"I...heard you say your name in the reception." The man smiled awkwardly answering the question building inside Alora.

Alora nodded in understanding.

"I am Davis. Victor Davis. I am the CEO of The Heartbeat productions." He introduced himself.

Alora's eyes widened. This man was known as the godson of the entertainment industry. He started his company when he was in college and grew it in a few years making it one of the globally recognised organizations. "Mr. Davis. I am glad to meet you." She stood in respect.

"Oh. You don't need to stand. Please sit." He laughed awkwardly and took a seat with her. "So...are you here for a meeting?"

Alora nodded, "Yeah. I have a meeting with Mr. Asher Hughes."

On hearing Asher's name, Viktor's eyebrows touched his hairline. "I see."

"Yeah. I've been waiting for the last two hours and the man doesn't even show any sign of existence!" Alora grumbled.

The man chuckled. "Well...the man's a tough ice. If he's keeping you waiting for too long. I doubt if he even has the intention of meeting you."

It wasn't that the thought didn't cross Alora's mind but she had tried to focus on the positive side. Maybe the man was really busy. Moreover, she dropped by without any appointment. But now that the man beside her said it aloud, it felt real. Too real. She felt like crying right now. She was already not confident enough about this whole fiasco but now...she felt insecure. She didn't want to prove herself to be incompetent. A lot of people were waiting for her call. The company and the people associated with it were now waiting for her one call. God! A lot of people were depending on her at this very moment.

God! What should I do?

"Ms. Watson?" Alora's trance broke when she felt someone's touch on her shoulder. She pressed her jaws and clenched her fist. She hated when someone touched her without any prior notice.

She coughed and slowly the man's hand jerked from her shoulder. "Sorry. I zoned out for a bit."

"Yeah. I saw your eyes getting unfocused. Anyways, don't worry. Maybe Mr. Hughes is having a busy day. I just had an hour-long meeting with him. Wait for some more time. Maybe he'll meet you after this." Mr. Davis got up and tied his coat buttons. "I'll take my leave now."

Alora smiled politely and saw the man leaving. She felt a bit angry at the man. The man just gave her a load Tom of worry and anxiety. She spent the next hour biting her nails and lips and walking one end to the other of the reception. She no longer cared about what anyone was thinking of her.

Alora sighed while sitting again. Is Asher Hughes going to meet her?

"Miss Watson," Alora looked up expectantly upon hearing her name. She saw a man in a navy blue suit standing tall beside her. The man had broad black framed glasses perched on the bridge of his nose. She blinked at him as the man scanned her. "I am Mitchell Johnson. Mr. Hughes' Personal Assistant."