Pt. 3

𝔘𝔫𝔡𝔢𝔯𝔠𝔲𝔯𝔯𝔢𝔫𝔱 𝔗𝔢𝔫𝔰𝔦𝔬𝔫

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

The sun blazed overhead, setting the stage for the annual boating competition that buzzed with anticipation and excitement.

Isla leaned against the cool window frame, her gaze drifting to the glistening expanse of water as their vehicle approached the beach. Amidst the bustling crowd, her attention was drawn to Rafe, a magnetic presence amidst his group of friends.

Perched casually on the hood of his sleek, blacked-out Benz, Rafe's entertained a cluster of girls with Kelce. His jaw tensed when he saw her, clad in a vibrant aquamarine bikini that accentuated her sun-kissed glow and hinted at curves beneath the fabric. 

"Hey, Isla!" Kelce's voice sliced through the beach chatter, drawing Isla's attention like a magnet. Isla's gaze flickered over to where Rafe sat with a new girl, a brunette perched in his lap.

"Let's go swim," Isla suggested taking Dean's hand.

Dean grabbed his surfboard, trailing behind Isla as she made her way to the water, his athletic form keeping pace as they approached the crashing waves.

As they plunged into the cool ocean, playful splashing turned into a friendly tussle, water swirling around them in chaos, Isla's laughter echoed over the waves. Coming out of the ocean she watched the teams getting ready to sail.

Rafe caught her eyes in a dead-cold stare. She turned back to Dean, stripping the wet T-shirt from her skin.

Sarah sat next to Topper on the sand dunes. She watched as Kelce's mouth fell open, violently nudging Rafe. As the impending race drew near and preparations buzzed around them, Rafe's gaze found Isla amidst the lively crowd of spectators. His stride assured as he closed the distance.

"Uh oh," Topper murmured into Sarah's ear, his eyes flicking towards Rafe who was now approaching Dean.

Isla let out a soft groan, her gaze locked on Rafe's advancing figure.

Dean, sensing the shift in atmosphere, looked between them with confusion. "What's going on?"

Shaking her head, Isla tugged Dean's arm gently. "Can we leave, please?"

Dean draped an arm over her shoulder, "of course, you okay?"

Isla nodded quickly, a hint of agitation in her tone. "Yeah, I'm fine—just..."

"Hey, Isla," Rafe's voice cut through the buzz of excitement around them, his eyes glinting.

Isla turned to face him. "Rafe," she replied coolly.

Rafe's grin widenedas he closed the distance between them. "Isla, I was thinking... a good luck kiss might just make me try today," he suggested.

A blush crept up Isla's cheeks at his audacity, her heart skipping a beat. She let out a dismissive laugh, masking the flutter in her chest. "Dream on, Rafe," she retorted.

"So, is this the boyfriend?" Rafe shifted his attention to Dean, his stance imposing.

"Rafe this is Dean, my friend. Dean this is Rafe, a pain in the ass." She introduced them, avoiding Rafe's gaze and looking out to the horizon instead.

"Dean, will you excuse us?" Rafe asked as if it were a question when he had already cornered Isla away from him.

"You good?" Dean checked with her for confirmation before stepping back, concern flickering in his eyes.