chapter one

"Phineas Nigellius Black. Get ready to meet the headmaster." Professor Fig's words were hushed, making her slightly nervous, a ball of anxiety started growing in her lower abdomen.

"You've practically missed the sorting ceremony. I expect a good explanation to this nonsense later." A tall and rather handsome man walked through the door. She caught a glimpse of the many students sitting by long tables, the sight adding to her uneasiness. "Hopefully, you will get sorted tonight." The headmaster shot her a harsh look before turning around, walking back into the large room.

Professor Fig urged her to follow the headmaster, she quickly did so. The pupils eyed her curiously as she walked past them.

"Before you all leave for the evening, we have one last sorting to do."

The great hall fell silent as the headmaster had spoken, every pair of eyes now following her movements. Her feet padded over the stone floor as she walked, eyes now on the ground. She had never liked attention, the eyes ravaging over her body made something twist within her stomach and she felt ill.

But then she caught a pair of hazel eyes by the green table. Her anxiety seemed to calm down as she looked into the boy's eyes. They were so beautiful.

"Y/n Yarrow, our transfer student, will join the sixth years, take a seat." The headmaster spoke, gesturing towards a wooden stool placed in the middle of the stage. She did what was told, a friendly looking woman walked towards her, placing a hat on her head.

She jumped slightly as the hat began to speak.

"Ha! A late bloomer. Let's see, I sense ambition, oh yes, and determination. You want to prove yourself. Resourceful and cunning." The hat said. Y/n frowned slightly as it mentioned late bloomer, she wanted to keep that for herself. "You have a habit to be rather arrogant, but your ability to be strategic and very loyal makes up for it. Let's see, better be ... SLYTHERIN!"

The students by the green table, or the Slytherin table, began cheering loudly. Y/n smiled slightly, at least she was welcome. She sat down next to a raven haired girl, that looked rather sweet.

"Hello! My name is Imelda Reyes, what was your name again?" She said, Y/n was about to answer but got interrupted by Imelda again. "Never mind, what did the sorting hat mean with late bloomer? Did you discover your magic at this age?" It looked as if she was going to laugh. Y/n silently took back the thought of Imelda being nice.

"Reyes, stop pestering her and go polish your broom as you usually do, perhaps that's why you don't have any friends." A boy spoke on the opposite side of the table. His eyes were clouded, indicating that he was blind. The boy whose eyes she had met earlier sat beside him.

"Piss off Gaunt, learn to look at me before you speak, bit confusing when you're just staring into the abyss." She said before walking away.

"Hey!" Both Y/n and the boy with hazel eyes shouted after her.

"Never mind her, nothing she says matters to me." The blind boy spoke again. "Name is Ominis Gaunt. Pleasure."

"Y/n Yarrow, same to you." Y/n smiled at him, but then stopped, realising that he couldn't see it anyways.

"This is Sebastian Sallow, one of my closest friends." Ominis continued.

"Pleasure." Y/n said, shooting him a small smile. Sebastian was eyeing her intensely, a look of what could only be described as desire swirling around in his eyes.

"Certainly." He smiled. Ominis sighed after hearing Sebastian's response, rolling his eyes slightly. Y/n were obviously pretty, making his friend speak like that.