chapter two

"Welcome to the first potions class of this year. I've made pairs for this term, so when I call your name, go to an empty station."Professor Sharp said, picking up a paper from his desk. "Poppy and Imelda, Natsai and Leander, Sebastian and Ominis, Y/n and Garreth..."

The two names made his blood boil. Y/n and Weasley. He despised Weasly, he was too sure of himself, thought that he was the best in the world. He'll never forget when Weasley made one of his concoctions in third grade and got everyone detention.

Sebastian clenched his jaw, Weasley would get Y/n in trouble. He knew that he would. Ruin the school years for her.

"I do not want to hear any complaints about the pairs. I'm not changing them. Right, today you're going to brew the Wiggenweld potion, does anyone know what its properties are?" Professor Sharp asked. Several students raised their hands. "Weasley."

"Its also known as the healing potion. It can heal almost every injury." He said, and Sebastian caught the look that Weasley gave Y/n, he wanted to show off to her.

"Yes, it can heal small injuries and some broken bones, but nothing severe, you can never rely fully on the Wiggenweld potion, but it's good to have on hand. Points to Gryffindor." Sharp said, making Garreth smile proudly. It was probably the first time he had gained and not lost points to Gryffindor. "You can find the recepie on page 184 in your books, good luck."

"Yarrow, may i speak with you." Sharp asked, Y/n nodded and walked towards him. "For this lesson the school will provide you with ingredients, but in the future you will need to bring your own. Some can be foraged around the school, some more rare ingredients will be available to purchase at Pippin's Potions located in Hogsmeade. For now, you can get the ingredients you need in my office." Y/n nodded. Sebastian watched as she walked past Weasley to get to Sharp's office, just as she was about to pass the ginger he whispered her name.

"Hey Y/n." Garreth whispered, making Y/n turn her head. "Did you just get permission to enter Sharp's office?" He hushly said.

"Yes, why?"

"Okey so here's the thing, i'm currently working on a potion that will be extraordinary. But it just needs that extra spark. So i was wondering if you could do me a favour and grab me a fwooper feather while you're in there." Garreth enthusiastically explained.

"I don't know Garreth, i don't want to get on the bad side with Professor Sharp.."

"Fwooper feathers aren't that valuable. I'm sure he won't miss it."

"Well if you're certain that he won't miss it...then i can get it for you."

"Brilliant! Thank you Y/n!" Garreth got up from his chair and embraced her. "You will not regret it!" He mumbled into her hair. Sebastian watched with a clenched jaw. Weasleys hand was a little to low on her back. Y/n smiled gently at the ginger before she turned around, walking towards Sharp's office.

Quickly grabbing what she needed, including the fwooper feather, which she put in the inner pocket of her robe, she walked out, eager to start with the Wiggenweld potion. Quietly she handed Garreth the feather and started with the assignment.

When she had added all of the ingredients into her own cauldron, she glanced at Garreth's, eyes widening slightly because his potion was bright pink, and not green as it was supposed to be.

"Garreth, what are you-"

"Watch this." He said, adding the fwooper feather into his potion. Small orange sparks began spurting from his cauldron, one landed on Y/n's hand, making her fall back, hissing in pain. "Y/n, are you alright? I'm sorry." Garreth's voice was panicked as he tried to grab her, but the sparks began shooting everywhere. Y/n crawled away from their station, not wanting to get burnt again.