Chapter Twenty

Slave

The plan was simple. To make me look good and trustworthy in front of the elves.

The two of them are suppose to convince the elves that I am genuine and my intentions are as pure as water. That I am not notorious or arrogant, or vicious just as the rumors claim. And I am to play along, which is why I wore silver and walked all throughout their damn village to show my act of courtesy.

My part on the other hand was to keep the twelve bastards as far away from the elves as possible. Obviously, I don't have any problem for my part. But for theirs...

I think I am their problem.

Sa dulo ng tingin ko ay naanig kong nanlumo sa kinatatayuan niya si Minerva at nalaglag ang panga pagkatapos kong bitawan ang salitang iyon. Mariing napapikit naman si Ottis at napahinga ng malalim. Ilang sandali pa ay nasapo niya ang noo niya parang hihimatayin na.

I cleared my throat.

"I see picking fights, at any circumstance, must've been your favorite hobby." Ilias suddenly commented in my head.

I couldn't help but to snort and chuckle loudly in surprise, which surprisingly echoed through the hall. Nasapo ko ang bibig ko at napasulyap sa paligid. The council of elves are again staring at me as if I'm insane. Well... many people in my life said so. So maybe I am, just a bit.

"I didn't meant to call her a bitch out loud." I said back. "But with all my pure intentions, I'm just being honest."

"Mara." He warned. "Remember what she is."

I swallowed hard quietly and refused to meet the goddess's gaze. Nawala na rin ang ngisi ko sa labi nang tumama sa akin ang reyalisasyon. He cannot do anything. Ilias, Ottis, Minerva, Faelyn, not even Czar... None of them can do anything once this being... this divine creature makes her decision.

And that decision involves my life itself.

She's in control, with everyone and everything in this shrine. She controls it all.

Napahinga ako ng malalim at nanatiling nakayuko. Naramdaman ko ang paggapang ng dugo ko sa mga hiwang nakuha ko mula sa mga espada ng mga kawal. Napamulat ako at dahan-dahang binalik ang tingin sa itaas.

That bitch meant to do that, to make me kneel. To show her power, her authority over me—over any of us.

She was now smiling on Czar's throne. A satisfied smile as if she saw it in me. The struck of realization showing through my face and she likes it.

I immediately changed my expression into a blank one.

"Such disrespect. Careful now, Starling... I may have granted you passage to enter this shrine, but I can't promise you'll walk out alive." She spoke. The power in her voice flowed on the very wind around us again.

"Please forgive her, Aelia... The Starling has her... tantrums." Ottis spoke and cleared his throat. Pinukulan niya ako ng tingin.

"I see." Aelia said. "And what were you saying again, wizard? This disrespectful girl wants to help?"

I opened my mouth to speak. But Ottis spoke in my behalf.

"She is a citizen of Eirian. Princess Dalia's ruling kingdom. She has every right to look for Her Highness and ask her to send her home to Eirian."

I rolled my eyes. He made it sound like I am in desperate need of pity. I wanted to disagree to that, instead I blink my eyes and nodded ridiculously in agreement. Play along.

Delight on Frozen Bones (Legend Of The Stars #4)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें