Me, a Demigod?

Mara stood helplessly in front of the pale cloaked woman, and backs into a street. A car nearly hits her and she makes a run for it down the crowds of New Yorkers.

She heard the sound of the woman running right behind her, and no one seemed to notice her.

"A child of the gods always smell so sweet. I can taste your fear demigod..." The woman called out to Mara, who tripped over a cracked sidewalk.

"Hello?" She called out to some people beside her, "Does no one see the vampire lady coming after me?!" She panted as she tried to crawl to safety only to be grabbed by her foot.

The woman dragged her closer and turns her onto her back. She leans over her and grabs her firmly by the throat, "You hold a grudge. I can smell it miles away."

Mara struggled to breathe, "Let..me..go!" She clawed at the woman's hand, scratching and kicking.

"This won't hurt one bit..." The woman said as she stared deeply into Mara's eyes. Mara's vision goes blurry as her head is filled with awful images. And the feeling of impending doom.

In that moment, Mara balls her fist and musters as much energy as she can to get out of the woman's grip. The sound of the ground rumbling beneath them, startled the woman who let her go. As Mara got to her feet, the last thing she was the ground opening beneath them and the woman falling into some deep fiery pits. Her screams and pleads fill Mara's ears before she falls unconscious.

She wakes up, someone towering over her. She was laying in a comfortable mattress, and Mara felt drained. A young boy who looked around her age, was observing her. He wore a bright orange shirt, the words "Camp Half Blood" written across it and his bright red curls fall on his face. It looked like he was wearing a headband with horns.

She tries to get up, but her head was throbbing and her ears were ringing.

"Don't try to get up," The boy said as he put a hand on her shoulder, pushing her back down. "Whatever happened down there drained you of your energy pretty good."

He laughs and sees Mara's unamused face, and quickly falls into silence. "Sorry."

"What exactly happened?" Mara asked as she covered her eyes, the bright sun shining in through the windows and hurting her.

"You were attacked by a child of Moros," The boy says and Mara laughed.

"I don't know any Moros," Mara states, "Who is that?"

"A spirit who likes to drive demigods to their deaths," The boy said, matter-a-factly and Mara raised her brows.

"I am sorry, did you say demigods?" Mara asked, "The vampire lady called me that." and she sat up in the bed. The boy sighed and smiled at her.

"Yes, you are a demigod. I made that out when you were able to cross the border. We just don't know who your parents are," The boy muttered and Mara pushed the hair out of her face.

"Okay, um, that's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard," Mara chuckled as she got out of the bed, "My mom must have been the goddess of drugs and anger. It's all she ever had."

She still had such a rage at the topic of her mother. Mara tried so hard to help her but she always refused.

The boy looks down solemnly, "It must be your father then."

"I never knew my father," Mara tells him and the boy  shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, he is most likely to be the one you got your godly blood from." The boy said and Mara quirked a brow.