VI. "Atleast you are loyal."

Manasvi Shankar

"Holy shit! This place is humongous." After driving for two and a half hours, I was finally standing in front of the Rajput Palace.

The metal gates opened up after the guards stationed outside checked my car and asked for my name and my reason to come here, and then called someone to cross-check my statements.

I drove down the concrete driveway and saw a garden on one side of me and another building on the other side, which I was guessing was the servants' quarters. I was rich too and I had a really nice mansion, but this was on another level. I could literally feel the richness oozing out of every part of this estate.

Driving down the cobblestoned pathway, I came across a beautiful fountain standing proudly in the middle of the path, and I stopped the car for a while to admire its beauty.

There were multiple guards stationed at every corner of the area, but they didn't bother me much because I was used to them. After all, my mumma was the leader of a very powerful gang and had assigned multiple guards around for our safety.

After I had driven down for another few minutes, I finally faced the ancient palace which looked so beautiful and mesmerizing that I stopped short to admire it.

A guard on my right side came towards me and asked,"Who are you?" Well, wasn't he pretty rude to someone who was probably going to marry his employer's brother?

"Manasvi Shankar." I rolled down my window and said, hoping my name would ring a bell and he would let me park my car in peace.

"Who, Manasvi? Listen, little girl—"

"I am here to meet Kabir Rajput. Just call him and I will go from here."

"We don't have time for women like you. If you want money, then you should earn for it and not go around begging." My eyes popped out of my socket and all I saw was red.

This man didn't even know me, and yet here he was, assuming that I was a gold digger who came here to demand money from his employer's brother. The audacity of this little bitch.

"Listen, mister, I don't want to create a scene. So, just—"

"Madam, please leave. I—"

"What is going on here?" A voice laden with authority sounded from the main entrance of the palace.

I watched in awe as the woman sauntered towards us in a heavy saree. Her hair was pulled back in a tight and sophisticated bun, and her face was bare of any makeup. She looked almost the same age as my mother.

"Ma'am, this lady over here is demanding to meet Kabir sir. But, you don't have to worry about it. I will handle her."

The beautiful woman turned to me and observed my face with her sharp eyes before asking,"Are you Manasvi Shankar?"

"Yes!" I replied curtly, still angry at this guard who treated me so rudely. This man didn't have any manners, and I was tempted to add some neurons in his brain.

"Advay, it's okay. I got her." She smiled a little, and motioned for me to follow her.

I nodded and parked my car before following this fine lady into the humongous palace.