XIV. "You plan to stand here the whole day?"

Third Person

Mishka entered her room to see her husband still working on his laptop, so without giving much heed to it, she took her clothes and went to take a quick shower.

While she was still showering and cleansing her body, she suddenly remembered the letter she had brought inside the washroom, so she turned the shower off, wrapped a towel around her body and took out a candle and a lighter from one of the cabinets.

She lit it up and held the parchment above it for a few minutes, making sure that it won't burn, and stared in awe as the letters suddenly appeared on the blank page.

"Mujhe pata hai aap hamse nafrat karenge jab aapko humare dhoke ke baare main pata chalega, par hum aapse ek aakhri baar bharose ki apeksha karte hai.

Hum aapko batana chahte hai ki hum aapko jaan bujhkar dukh kabhi nahi pohchayenge. Hum aapko ek aakhri baar batana chahte hai ki hum aapse bohot prem karte hai. Hume pata hai ki hum aapke saath puri zindagi nahi bita paaenge, kintu hum aapko upar se avashya dekhenge, toh apna aur humare parivaar ka dhyaan rakhna. Aasha karte hai ki aap humare marne ke baad humari majboori ka pata laga lenge.

Humesha yaad rakhna ki Rani Padmaja apne Raja Amar Kumar se prem karti thi, karti hai aur humesha karti rahegi.

Aapki priye
Rani Padmaja."

After reading this, she felt so bad for the Queen who had done nothing but still had to suffer its consequences.

Little did she know that the history was going to repeat itself, very soon.

She harshly wiped her eyes when she heard a knock on the door, and blew off the candle, putting it back in the cabinet and wearing her clothes before opening the door.

"How much time do you need to take a shower?" Dhruv glared, but Mishka didn't bother to answer him and stepped past him to get on the bed and sleep.

Dhruv, on the other hand, gave her a confused stare before shutting the door.

***

"Manav, wake up." Aastha called out, trying to wear her earrings and wake up her husband at the same time, but he moaned and snuggled into her pillow before going back to sleep once again.

"Manav-"

"What?" He opened his eyes and the first thing he saw was his wife's face which was sure to make up his whole day.

"We have to visit the temple. Get ready."

"Is it necessary?"

"Yes, of course." Aastha turned back to the mirror and wore the nath her mother-in-law had gifted her on the day of her wedding before turning back to see her husband, who hadn't moved from the bed yet, staring at her with an indescribable emotion in his brown orbs.

"What? Don't I look pretty?" She raised her brows and glanced at herself once to make sure she didn't look ugly.

She had chosen to wear a pretty red saree and her neck was bedecked with a heavy necklace which was gifted by Dhruv and Mishka on her pehli rasoi. Her ears were adorned with gold jhumka and her bangles made a pleasant sound whenever she moved her hands.