★𝙻𝚄𝙲𝙺𝚈 𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝚈𝙴𝙰𝚁𝚂!★

Happy New Years! It's 2024 and time is going WAY too fast for me to handle.
I miss 2018– (That was 6 years ago I feel so old tf 😭)
Have a New Years special chapter!

THIRD PERSON

"-and folks! Don't forget, it's that time of the year! This week we'll be playing all those New Years songs! Get ready to celebrate! Make sure to sign on at...."

New Years. And only in a week. Inko looked at the mail she'd collected from their mailbox, sorting out advertisements from things that were actually important before her eyes landed on a pamphlet. 'Ring In The New Years With Family at The Hanabi Festival!' The pamphlet sparked an idea within Inko so without another thought, she headed straight for the elevator and straight to her condo.

"Izuku, Y/N!" She yelled out to the apartment when she entered. "Come to the living room please!"
"Hi Mom!" Izuku came from the twin's shared room and Y/N hopped from the kitchen with an unopened popsicle in hand.
"Heyyyyy!" Y/N waved the popsicle in a way of saying hello. Inko smiled. Her children were growing up so fast, she still remembers how happy she felt when they said their first words and took their first little steps. She gestured for them to sit on the couch and they followed.

"So, you two know the New Years are coming up soon, right?" The twins nodded. "How would you feel if we did something fun as a family this year?" Y/N and Izuku thought for a bit then looked at each other. Inko looked at her slippers. "I know, as teenagers you probably want to go out with your friends instead so-"

"Mom, are you kidding?" Inko opened her mouth to respond but she was cut off. "We'd love to!" Inko looked up to see Izuku nodding along with his sister's announcement.
"It's been a while since we all did something right? And even if it wasn't it'd still be a really great idea!" To say Inko was ecstatic would be an understatement. Her teenagers wanted to spend time with her. It was nothing like all those family shows she'd seen! "But, what do you have in mind?"

Inko took the pamphlet from where it was placed beside her and opened it up before them.
"I was hoping we could go to this festival later this week and play some games together. Do you want to go?" Izuku nodded with a hum of affirmation as Y/N swallowed a piece of her ice pop, nodding before stopping suddenly.
"Ugh.. brain freeze!" She grimaced and shook her head. Izuku snorted, having difficulty holding in his laugh and Inko couldn't help but giggle. Having finished her ice pop, Y/N went to the kitchen to throw out the stick. (She could taste the wood over the orange of the frozen treat)

"Mom, are you okay? You're crying!" Izuku worriedly looked her up and down to find if something happened. Inko brushed her cheek with the back of her hand. Huh. She really was.
"It's nothing. Just.. oh, you two are getting so big and I just kinda thought I'd have to let go of our fun family things. But you two never stop having surprises up your sleeves huh?"

Izuku's eyes shone and in pure Midoriya fashion, tears were spilled.
"Mom!" He hugged her close. Footsteps rushed on the ground before the duo were knocked back a bit.
"Mom, you're so sweet! Never change please!" Y/N was behind her squeezing both her and Izuku. Something hot and wet dropped on her shoulder. Ah. It really is strange how they all cry so easily.

"As much as I'm enjoying this, maybe we should calm down before Mr. Nakahara complains about his ceiling leaking again." They broke the hug and wiped their tears, sniffing occasionally. "Now, how about we start planning? The festival's only a week away after all!" They cheered and huddled around the pamphlet at the dining table to look at the activities.

Inko feels blessed to have been given children such as her own. She doesn't know what she would do fi her children turned out any different. She likes things the way they are now. She loves them the way they are.
And she always will. Even if they're not...
EHOETGR.

☁︎.——————.☁︎

Word Count : 727

Wow! This was short. Happy New Years to those who celebrate!
I might make another special for Lunar New Years but that's a future me problem.
Bye! I will now disappear for the next.. two weeks? I think.
Bye.