Bruce stared up at the large towering dragon sculpture in flight, lost in thought. He supposed he had Damian to thank for it really. Because of his youngest child's interest in the Arts, it's got him to stop, think, and even appreciate things more than he had to before. It was quite astounding. It all was really. Bruce had eaten a few of the cakes since his arrival. He never really liked to eat too much, not wanting to risk getting sick. However, he did find it a bit hard not to just grab another whenever he found himself finished with whatever he managed to snag from the tables. If it wasn't for the fact that Bruce knew Ms. Samson had hired an outside business for catering, he would have almost been worried. Ms. Samson has never done anything to warrant any true suspicion just yet but she was very greedy and driven. She was willing to do more underhanded tactics to get what she wants, even if she hasn't done anything outright illegal as of yet. Still...

Bruce grabbed a small truffle cake, picking the truffle from the top and plopping it in his mouth without even thinking, as he just continued to stare up at the large mystifying creature on display. Each pastry and cake was glimmering in golds, silvers, and colors as if gems and coins littered about the glimmering nest of the glorious dragon. As if the deserts were its horde. Bruce tilted his head noticing the shimmering paint of the dragon's scales. Whoever made this put a lot of effort into it. There was a great deal of attention to the details. Bruce couldn't help but wonder who did it. It wasn't the first time he'd seen a sculpture like this. Though normally gala's and events tended to have ice sculptures as their attention piece. These were fully painted masterpieces but Bruce could never figure out what they were even made out of.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Bruce's eyes darted over to see the young lady beside him, a pink blush that matched her pink sundress. "Mom had it commissioned for today's event. She wanted something that could signify her fiercely protective nature of that which is hers. I think the artist did an amazing job."

"It's beautiful." The woman laughed softly giving Bruce a light look.

"It's completely edible." Bruce's eyes shot wide as the woman just nodded. "Mr. Reade of Haven's Catering made it to the centerpiece of all the deserts. Each and every little thing on this table, minus the dishes, of course, are entirely edible." The woman plucked a small ruby-looking gem from the table before biting into it with a bright grin. It crumbled apart easily like a candy-coated cookie. "It looks like a work of art, but it's made of chocolate and sugar."

"Mr. Reade, you said?" Bruce just kept staring at the dragon lost in thought.

"Jasper Reade, the proprietor of The Haven in Park Row, as well as the founder of all of the Alley Haven Outreach Programs. He's this big up-and-comer my mothers hoping to sweet talk into joining the company." The way her voice sounded amused made Bruce quirk a brow at her. She just rolled her eyes with a shrug. "Mr. Reade is Park Row's most impactful supporter. The likelihood he would sign over or give up on any of his projects is none existent. He's young, which is what drew Mother's attention in the first place, but he's fierce and loyal. He won't leave the Ally without good reason."

"Why is she so interested-..."

"Mr. Wayne, everything here at this party has been either made or brought in by Haven's Catering. The whole event has been planned out with the help of Mr. Reade. Those cakes you've been eating... they're all made by hand by him. Rumor has it that Mr. Reade does EVERYTHING himself. Mother's dying for some young blood full of pure potential." The woman stopped for a bit, just looking Bruce up and down before smiling wider and holding her hand out. Bruce frowned but took it anyway making the other laugh. "The name's Thaila Samson. The eldest daughter of Mayalane Samson... the woman of honor to today's precious event."

"You don't sound pleased." Thaila laughed with an angry look in her eyes, grabbing the closest drink she could before downing it all.

"Oh, no. I just love hearing about how my mother wants to steal Mr. Reade away and mold him into a possible heir to the Samson line. Despite the fact that I've been training to run the company since I was in diapers." Thalia sighed running her hand through her hair to release the tension. "In all honesty, Mr. Wayne. I don't think Mother will succeed much regarding Mr. Reade. That being said, he is a master at his craft and the more people know about him, the farther his reach will be. He's trying to help the people of Park Row, just as you try to help Gotham, yourself."