"Wait, she really did that?" Jason hummed in agreement as he went about his kitchen. He liked having someone to talk to while he cooked or baked. It helped to make him not feel so alone, even if it was only a voice coming through the speakers around the room from a phone call. "I really don't understand all those Richie-Rich Bitches."

"Roy, I don't think anyone does." That rich laugh tumbled out of the speakers again making Jason smile as he finished a batch of muffins. "I don't even think Bruce or Ollie understands them either and they were born into that High Society bullshit."

"Forgetting about the bitch who tried to seduce you into becoming her employee... You got any new orders lined up?" Jason rolled his eyes as he turned back to his baking. Sure he had employees who could help him with the cooking, and they usually did, but Jason enjoyed having his own kitchen, separate from the others, where he could spend the day making whatever he wanted. Right now He was experimenting to find a new muffin recipe.

"Not really. I mean, Clark asked for another order of his usual but Ms. Samson was the last one I had lined up for awhile." Jason frowned as the door was suddenly opened, revealing Mads standing there with this look in his eyes that made Jason pause. "Hey, Roy? I'm going to have to call you back."

"Yeah of course, Just keep me posted on Clark. That man just can't ever say he likes the guy can he?" Jason chuckled with a small shake of his head.

"Bye, Roy." There was a chirped-out 'bye' before the line was cut dead, as Jason quickly washed his hands, shooting a look towards the other. "What's going on Mads?"

"You have a visitor, Boss." Jason frowned in confusion seeing the look Mads had.

"Who is it?" There was a scent in the air that sparked something down Jason's spine. His eyes darkened as it pulled at him. A soft scent of fire and smoke... his mind flashing to nights sitting in front of the fireplace, book in hand, drawing his mind in. "No..."

"He asked for you specifically." Jason cursed under his breath, metal and cheap cigarette smoke filling the air, and making him choke on the scent of his own emotions. Mads eyes went wide seeing the other's fear. "I can tell him to leave."

"No!" Jason froze, eyes a bright toxic green. "No. I knew this would happen eventually. It's ok. I'll handle it."

"You sure, Jay?" Jason nodded, forcing himself to pull himself together. He was Jason Todd. He was Robin, the Boy Wonder. He was the Red Hood, Savior of Crime ally. He was Aladhi la yamut of the League of Assassins... The One Who Does Not Die. He can handle this.

He can handle this.

Jason brushed the flour off his hands before putting his apron up on the wall. He quickly shared a look with Mads before making his way out to the front of the restaurant. He knew all he had to do was say the word and everyone in the restaurant would move to defend him if it was needed. But he also knew the likelihood he was there to cause trouble was slim to none. He could do this.

"Father, I do not understand why we must bother with such actions. Pennyworth has told you he needn't require any support at this time." Jason hesitated hearing the familiar young voice that pushed the relaxing scent of spice and the warmth and weight of a young body held comfortingly against his chest. He could practically feel those little fingers curling up tight around his shirt as if to hold him in a death grip and never let go.

"It's not that I think Alfred cannot do his job still, Damian. It is simply that any help at all could be helpful. Alfred is getting on in his years. We shouldn't force him to continue on as he has always done alone if there's any way we can ease the load." Jason took a deep breath before pushing through the doors, finding Bruce Wayne standing there off to the side, as to not block the counter, and staring up at the large menu up on the wall. "You have to admit The Haven is quite the place, isn't it? It's a cafe for anyone in a rush, just wanting to come in for a quick grab and a coffee before leaving again. It's a restaurant for people who want to sit and relax allowing for a calming ambiance that most places in the area do not have. And it is also a catering service for people who want Haven service at their own events. It's quite the business."

"I do hope you aren't wanting to buy it from me." Jason noticed the way Bruce's eyes narrowed a bit in surprise at his sudden voice. Bruce placed a hand on Damian's shoulder, in a way that to others might seem protective, but Jason could tell was more to keep Damian from lashing out since it was obvious neither had heard Jason approach. "Because unfortunately, I am not looking to sell. The Haven is more than just a business to me you see."Jason made sure he had on his proper 'Wayne' smile, even if it was Bruce he was talking to, as he held his hand out for the older to shake. "Jasper Todd-Alan Reade, Mr. Wayne. I must admit, it is a surprise to see you here."

"It's certainly been a pleasant experience so far. And don't mind me, I was simply commending you on the idea and of your success, is all. I am happy to see something being able to flourish in this area. The help you've been able to provide The Ally is astounding, especially for someone as young as you." Jason couldn't help but melt just the smallest bit at the praise, but he held himself firm and refused to show it. He didn't know why Bruce was here after all.

"Well, I'm sure you didn't make your way all the way from Wayne Enterprises from to complement my accomplishments." Bruce nodded understanding that now was the time to be serious. That was always one thing he liked about the 'Brucie' persona. He was flamboyant and just on the edge of too much but he never pushed it. He'd offer polite comments and praises where they were due but never 'sucked up'. And yeah, he was Bruce Wayne, he didn't need to do that. People sucked up to him, not the other way around, but Jason still liked it anyway. It meant that went things got too much when he was younger, he could trust Bruce to get him away from it all without even attempting to stretch it all out to appease the masses. "Why don't you join me in the back, while we talk? Young Damian can try some of the pastries if they want to. Free of charge."

"Thank you, though I am more than willing to pay." Jason just laughed as he led Bruce back towards his personal kitchen. If he was going to have to deal with Bruce, he was going to keep his hands busy.

"I'm sure you can, but it isn't necessary. I'm sure whatever Damian orders won't put a dent in anything. They'll be fine. Anyway..." Jason held the door open, letting Bruce make his way in, whose eyes trailed the professional kitchen and taking everything in. "You wanted to talk?"

"Yes..." Jason hesitated seeing the look Bruce had in his eyes, before quickly shaking himself out of his thoughts and putting his apron back on. He made his way to the oven pulling out the muffins and smiling at how they came out. "I came with a job offer."