005- confrontation,part one

episode three,the pollywog005— confrontation, part one

005— confrontation, part one.
✏️—not checked or rewritten.
wc ; 3900

'matilda you talk of the pain like it's alright
but i know that you feel like a piece of you's dead inside.'

Rocky lays in his bed after his alarm. Max hadn't come into his room to wake him up, obviously hearing his sobs from the night before. Everything hurts, he can't move without wincing. But he knows that if he doesn't go to school, he'll only get worse tonight. He groans in pain as he starts to get changed into a burgandy sweater and jeans. The mirror in front of him has light fingerprints and dried blood splatters over it. He looks at himself in the mirror, a new blue and purple bruise on his cheek and his lip has been split open. It was already scabbing over though. He sprayed the hair spray onto his hair and then made his way to the living room. Dried blood crusted on the wooden floor that he'd be forced to scrub later. He wonders if he could just.. run away. Run away to his mom in New York. It would never happen but a boy can dream.

Rocky assumed Max left while he was getting ready so he hopped on his skateboard and left. His legs shook as he ran over pot holes. He turned right before entering the school grounds.

He skated past the high school, ignoring the chattering around him. Rocky stopped infront of the school doors, taking a deep breath. He pushed the door open, walking through. He ignored the girls waves and greetings that he usually copies and heads straight to his locker. He twist the knob on it until it opens and shoves his skateboard inside.

"Rocky!" Max called out, walking over to him - Lucas by her side. His eyes widen in shock at the taller boy's face. "Sorry i left without you, figured you wanted to be alone" The ginger girl gave him a light smile. He nodded because she was right. He loved being alone the morning after something like this happens, it gives him time to think.

"Holy shit dude. Are you okay?" Lucas asked, shock evident in his eyes.

"Yeah." Rocky dryly answered before slamming his locker shut and heading to class. He had Mr.Clarke next. His lessons felt like hell to the step siblings while the boys loved his lessons, obviously having a connection with him. He sat in his seat behind Will like usual, ignoring the stare from the girl next him. Rocky traced the line in his palms while Mr.Clarke droned on. The twenty minutes he was sat in there seemed like an eternity.

Suddenly, the door bursted open. Dustin came crashing in, letting out a string of sorry's before sliding into his seat. He turned round to the group behind him. "AV club. Lunch" He told them before being asked to pay attention. He turned round again, looking back at Max, repeating the same thing. Rocky had no clue what the teacher was muttering about so he just doodled in the textbook insted of taking notes.