Chapter 40

Reece

Reece Reece Reece, wake up," I feel someone shaking me. I groan, "Leave me alone," I mumble, trying to swat whoever it is away.

"Come on, bro, you need to get up and train. You've got a big night ahead of you later," Lance says, attempting to motivate me.

But I've lost all motivation,I even lost count the amount of times my dad put me on my butt yesterday, when we were sparring. He yelled at me to pull my head out of my ass, unaware of the details of my rift with Lorna. He thinks it's just a disagreement.

The day I went to look for her at school, I bumped into Samia and Sarah. They told me she left early and went home. When her mom later informed me she was meeting friends at the cafe, I grew concerned, wondering why the girls had lied to me.

To say I was shocked was an understatement. I saw red when I looked through the window to see her with that dick, Nick, holding his hand. I wanted to kill him and pull her out of there.

She tried to explain but kept stuttering, as if hiding something. It took everything in me after I stormed off not to turn back, grab her, and throw her in the Jeep, taking her away from him.

I was so livid with her; the image of her holding his hand wouldn't leave my head. I drove straight to the gym. I punched and kicked the bag so hard it came off its chains; I pretended it was his face. Lance figured things didn't go as planned. He said we'd talk later because he had to grab something at his college after we finished our training.

After finishing at the gym, I hit the showers. Returning to my Jeep, I took out my phone and switched it back on; I had turned it off during training. Lorna had called me multiple times, and there were voice notes from her, pleading with me to let her explain, her voice sounding distraught.

I admit I was tempted to drive to her house, but then I remembered her reluctance to tell me why she was holding his hand and comforting him. The girls lying to me added to the confusion. It was all too much. Was he the real reason she wanted to break up? Was she using my history with other girls as an excuse to end things?

So many thoughts raced through my head; I couldn't think straight. I needed to cool off before contacting her again.

Yesterday was the same. I woke up to a message from her, asking me to please let her explain later, that she loved me and was sorry for how she reacted to everything.

Just I was about to text her back, my dad barged into my room full of energy, interrupting me, telling me to get ready for a long day of training. And it was indeed a grueling session that lasted till 5:30. I was exhausted ,and like I said, I lost count of how many times my dad had put me on my ass. He wasn't impressed with me at all.

He screamed at me that I needed to sort my shit out by tomorrow morning and to go home, get some dinner, and have an early night.

I wanted to call over to Lorna's, but I needed to shower and eat first as I was sweaty and feeling a little weak from the extreme training.

Entering my house I walked toward the kitchen, Nick was sitting there at the island, chatting with Lance. Lance got up, telling us he'd leave us to talk. I had filled him in on everything the night before.

I glared at Nick, demanding to know what the hell he was doing here. He said he wanted to explain everything. He explained the events at the cafe, and I listened, feeling like a complete  asshole afterward.

Nick revealed how upset Lorna was; saying that she hadn't even shown up to school today, intensifying my guilt. I also felt sorry for him as Mia was an absolute psycho for what she did to him. He also assured me he'd ensure Melissa never came near me or Lorna again.