~ chapter 20 ~

- ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ -

"Have you seen what's trending on Twitter?"

- ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ -

Me and Wilbur being on geoguessr together: we were practically unstoppable. We were both really good at the game, so as a pair I felt like I was God. I couldn't tell you how Wilbur felt about it when we were paired together however, I could tell it was at least a good feeling because whenever we played together a smile would always managed to creep it's way up on him.

On the previous game, I had already discovered that it was a Portuguese speaking country which limits it down to around 8 different countries. We didn't have to move very far before Wilbur found a numbers plate and figured out that we were in Angola. From that point on we placed a point in the middle of Angola and we were right! So we scored pretty highly that round.

We played quite a few more rounds after that one and we won the vast majority of them, but we decided that it was time to end the stream. We started to wrap it up, saying our goodbyes to the stream and that it was fun thanks for tuning in and there will probably be another stream soon.

After the stream had ended, a silence fell over the both of us. Now I wasn't quite sure why, but this silence was almost deafening, it had made me start to feel very uncomfortable. I'm sure anyone walking into the room could sense that. I began to tap my fingers on the desk in front of me, I was also fiddling with anything in my sight whether that was the end of my hair, twisting my rings or playing with the necklace I was wearing. I felt suffocated by the absence comfort and noise, it was choking me and I wasn't sure as to why. So decided that I would take my next best shot rather than fiddling with random objects.

"What do you want to do now then?" I asked weakly
"We could watch a movie?" Wilbur suggested clearly trying to break the tension that had been built.
"Yeah sure" I agreed.

He stood up from his chair and walked away from the desk and I quickly followed after him. I think I should say that I tried to follow after him because when I got up I took one step and my foot had gotten caught on the leg of the chair I was previously sat on. Before you know it I'm spread out on the floor and landing with a big crash the pain has covered my entire body for a brief second.
I had heard a familiar laugh start to surface a few second after the crash.
A tall figure was now looking over me. Wilbur held his hand out, which I took and he helped me up.
"Are you okay?" He asked me with a laugh
"It was only a small fall, I'll be fine" I reassured him
"Do you need me to carry you through to the living room so you don't trip again?" Wilbur asked me with sarcasm rich in his tone
"Piss off, dickhead" I spoke lightheartedly with a laugh