Chapter 3

Sunday

Sunday

Me, Lily (Alex's Gf) and Maisie were all sitting in the Williams Garage currently watching the race continue. Logan and Oscar were both a lap behind and I can't help but be frustrated, I knew Logan was giving his all but knowing Williams track record was another thing.

I managed to avoid Oscar the past few days, but knowing tonight was going to be another night out, I knew my luck was running out.

Me and Maisie leave tomorrow to go back home and then I'm flying out to Tennessee to record a song with a friend of mine. He had reached out a few days ago asking if I would collaborate on a song he had prepared, and I couldn't say no after hearing the sample. I knew this was going to be my last free weekend from work so I wouldn't want to miss out on tonight's festivities and who knows when I'm going to be able to make it to another race.

Us girls are cheering on the guys as they finish up their last lap. I was so proud of my cousin and everything he has achieved thus far; I knew my aunt and uncle were here somewhere but honestly, I haven't even seen them. Actually, now that I think about it, where are they?

I scrunch my eyebrows and look around the garage, Logan mentioned they like to sit in Hospitality since it has AC and I don't blame them, but I thought they would make it down here by now. They all had dinner last night and I was invited but I didn't want to intrude, its rare for them to make it to a race.

I see them make their way in, and I smile at my aunt. I walk over to them, and they hug me tightly.

"How are you my dear? Where were you last night?" My aunt asked.

"I'm good! I didn't want to intrude, and my friend is here, so I didn't want to over complicate things" She scowls at me.

"Nonsense, you are family, you owe us a dinner" she said giving me a pointed look. I blush but nod. This wasn't the first time she's scolded me in public and certainly not the last.

Logan and Alex get pulled in the garages and head to their interviews. I couldn't help but look at the final positions. I shake my head as my eyes continue down the rankings.

1. Max Verstappen 1:27:38.241

2. Sergio Perez +5.384s

3. Fernando Alonso +26.305s

4. George Russell +33.229s

5. Carlos Sainz Jr +42.511s

6. Lewis Hamilton +51.249s

7. Charles Leclerc +52.988s

8. Pierre Gasly +55.670s

9. Estebon Ocon +58.123s

10. Kevin Magnussen +1:02.945

11. Yuki Tsunoda +1:04.754

12. Lance Stroll +1:04.754