Chapter 15

Sapphire

I swear she's trying to kill me, first she insisted that I wear heels, and a floor length dress that you have to lift up in order to even walk. so, my 2-minute walk to the ballroom turned into 5 minutes.

it a good thing i left 10 minutes before the party started.

I immediacy went to find baroness she wasn't that hard to find considering she stood out, with her shining gold dress that sparkled brighter than the sun.

"Good evening, ma'am"

"Sapphire there you are, right on time, i need a few things."

"What needs to happen ma'am?"

"Well for starters there is some very important people coming her tonight, and I need you to stay with me in case I need anything."

"Yes ma'am"

god if I have to say the word ma'am one more time, I might walk off the balcony.

ding dong

"Perfect let's go meet some people."

The next hour my life consisted of the baroness introducing herself and then me by saying.

"And this is my personal assistant sapphire, if you need anything don't hesitate to ask, please enjoy your evening."

and then i would shake their hand and they'd walk away.

god this must have happened at least 50 times, seriously this party is way too fancy there no real music and everyone is just in group chit chatting and drinking champagne.

a slight elbow to stomach abrupted my thoughts and looked up only to for my elbowed stomach to drop lower then my feet.

I shook my head in hopes of I am seeing things and looked up again and I swear I could pass out there they were, my mother in all her glory and my brother Alex.

I could recognize his shaggy brown hair and his brown eyes anywhere.

that impossible dead i saw him die.

I forced out a "my apologies, have a good evening" as I shook their hands.

"The pleasure mine" my mother replied as she walked away.

I felt like i could throw up in fact my vision is becoming blurry.

"Sapphire darling, are you okay you look a little pale."

" Yes, I think I just need a drink may I go get me one."

"Yes, hurry back"

I immediately bolted for the bathroom and threw up everything in my stomach which wasn't much considering I skipped breakfast and lunch. So, I kind of just sat their dry heaving.

I physically forced myself not to cry.

Knock knock

"Occupied."

"Sapphire it's me Ashley please let me in."

I immediately opened the door and hug her, I need her to ground me.

"Hey, are you okay I saw you rush in here looking like you seen a ghost " she cooed gently walking me back into the bathroom.

"I did Ashley there hear."

god why I saw him die what is he doing here and why is my mom hear. Did he escape and met up with my mom.

My mind swirled with possibilities but every time I came to a conclusion my mind would scream YOU SAW HIM DIE