chapter 1

It was another morning in the 'Eras Group Home'. The name was decided upon by Debut, even though no one other than her and Fearless call it that. Currently, at five in the morning, the only ones awake were Folklore and Speak Now. folklore was eager to see if her clay vase she sculpted had finally dried overnight so she could paint it, while Speak Now was making a concoction that was apparently a protein smoothie to drink before her daily sunrise run. Everyone else was fast asleep still.

"Darling, can you put a frozen waffle in the toaster for me?" Folklore called out from the sunroom into the kitchen. She could call her that because they are really close friends, almost too close. "Of course folkie, two waffles coming right up." Speak now replied, trying not to be too loud.

The house was huge so it echoed throughout. It was everything but soundproof, which was unfortunate.

She brought in a plate with two waffles covered in syrup and topped with raspberries, just how her best friend liked it. Folklore was concentrated, but looked up with a gentle smile at the curly haired girl wearing a purple lululemon sports bra and black shorts, with a blended travel mug of god knows what in her hand.

"What's in your mixture today?" she joked, getting a sarcastic laugh out of Speak Now

"You don't wanna know," she replied as folklore took the plate from her hands.

"Before you go.." Folklore trailed off, putting her food down and standing up from her wooden stool.

She leaned in and kissed her softly on the lips, while Speak Now deepened it by pulling the girl closer by her hips. This move surprised Folklore, who smiled against her lips. Folklore didn't want it to end, savoring the moment, grabbing the girl's curly hair with one hand and her other rested on her cheek.

"Morning guys.. Wait a sec-" Lover paused when she saw the intimate act happening directly in front of her. PDA was no unusual sight in this house but these two have kept it remotely quiet, especially Speak Now after reputation left her.

"I'm sorry you guys I didn't mean to-" She began but Speak Now cut her off. "No problem, we shouldn't be doing it in the open anyway. See you later, sweetie." She gave a flirty wink to folklore before strutting away to the front door.

Folklore was completely flushed a light pink color which made Lover giggle. Those two are so made for each other, it's heartwarming to see but also depressing for those who are chronically single, like her.

It was still dark, the sun still not peaking over the horizon quite yet. Lover usually doesn't wake up this early but she couldn't sleep, after she was up all night thinking about what Reputation did to her.

Last night during the movie night they all had attended in the cinema room, 1989 brought a stack of blankets for everyone but there were only so many, meaning a few people had to share.

Reputation just so happened to be sitting next to Lover in the corner of the huge L-shaped couch. They don't talk often, and when they do, usually Reputation is making fun of her being shorter (even though it's only 2 inches of a difference). The two were already close enough that their legs brushed up against one another, which was unusual. Lover has always been the one who's undeniably straight out of everyone, as well as Debut. She's only ever dated a few guys, years ago, but has never been intimate nor serious about it. So this feeling that their slight skin to skin contact gave her, was very strange to Lover.

Reputation snatched a large, pale blue, fuzzy blanket from 1989 who was passing them around. She laid it on top of her but looked down at the shorter girl who was feeling a little chilly in her tiny Victoria's Secret pink silk pajama set. While on the other hand, Reputation was in a big dark gray hoodie and really didn't need a blanket.