chapter 3

Eventually, everyone calmed down and the 'Taylor's Versions' were let inside.

Folklore was very welcoming to all of them, leading them up to the third floor where there were spare bedrooms.

She had instructed the rest of the girls to carry their baggage upstairs, while everyone remained annoyed and spoke amongst themselves.

"Do you think it's a gang? Taylor's Version, sounds like one." Reputation wondered to Midnights.

"Probably. They need to get the fuck out, all they are is trouble." Red clearly wasn't happy about this.

"They seem nice, we should return the favor and maybe things will work out." Lover suggested.

"You're so optimistic all the time, it's actually nauseating." Evermore remarked.

Lover stood silently, frozen in shock. Evermore never showed any attitude towards her, or anyone. She barely ever even spoke to anyone.

"Damn, what's going on there?" 1989 questioned.

Folklore could be seen from the staircase, leading Speak Now TV to a bedroom that was nearby to hers. It was on the fourth floor, those two rooms used to be one and an attic for all their storage, but they transformed it one summer when they were bored.

"You know, I have my own cabin out back, as well as a cottage I inherited from my family, down in the forest by a lake.."

"Where's that?"

"Far from here, honey."

Speak Now TV giggled, as Folklore motioned her to enter the room, with her hand on the small of her back.

Speak Now who was helping the other with the bags, watched the interaction with teary eyes. Her and Folklore weren't together, but she always showed feelings for her, even this morning they had kissed.

She was confused and heartbroken. The girl turned around and rushed down the staircase with her hand over her mouth.

Everybody else exchanged pitiful glances. Poor girl.
Not one person here was unaware of those two's chemistry.

Speak Now had been clearly in love with Folklore, but did she just play along, or were those feelings reciprocated? Now she's unsure.

"How could she!" Fearless gasped.

"Damn, go sis." Evermore cheered, unaware of what just happened with Speak Now.

"That must suck." Red muttered.

"You're so insensitive! I feel really bad for her, even though Folklore is my best friend and I always support her decisions." Lover admitted.

Reputation put her arm around Lover's shoulder and gave her a reassuring look.

"Hey Lover, want to help me set something up instead of this?"

"Uh.. sure."

"Here, you guys take these."

Reputation handed the bags her and Lover held to the younger girls.

"No fair." Debut groaned.

"Come on!" She smiled at Lover who followed her curiously.

----------

1989 brought a heavy, black duffle bag into a room where Reputation TV sat on the bed with her leg crossed over the other.

"I should paint the walls black, make it extra dark. You think?" Reputation TV asked as the girl entered the room.

"Already been done. The original version of you is probably the exact same person."