chapter 5

AN: Chapters will be shorter from now on but it's hard to manage with school and all that, I will try to get another out tomorrow

_________________________________

( Time jump of four days )

"Eve? EVE!!" A voice called out, getting progressively louder.

Evermore's eyes flicked open and she nearly jumped out of bed. Her blurry vision wandered her room until it focused on the girl standing at open her door.

"Sorry to uh, wake you.. Someone's on the other line for you." Red TV gestured to the home phone she held in her hand, looking flushed with embarrassment.

"Huh? Ah okay. One sec." She stretched and yawned, but eventually Evermore slowly limped her tired body over to Red TV who was toying with her hair nervously.

The exhausted girl plucked the phone from her hand and waved Red TV off before closing the door.

"Who is this?" Evermore groaned.

A familiar person cleared their throat before responding.

"You know who I am." A sensual but elegant and mature toned voice spoke with confidence.

"Poet? W-what.. Why are you calling?" Evermore's eyes were wide with shock.

"Because I'm moving."

"Where?" 

"In. With you guys." She said with pride, her smirk audible.

"But I thought-"

"I know! So long, London, I guess. I really miss California."

"Uh huh. Well fuck you, you imbecile!" Evermore exclaimed, irritated.

"That's so funny, Eve. Don't worry though, things will be a lot different when I'm back." Her voice was steady but her words were taunting.

"Oh yeah? Different how? I loved you, but it ruined my life! You're the single handedly most selfish person I know, Poet! That's not something to be proud of! 

Evermore yelled into the phone, fed up with her ex's ability to keep her cool in any given conversation.

Poet chuckled mockingly. 

"You really miss me, don't you?"

And with that, Poet hung up the line, and Evermore grumbled in frustration before a couple tears dripped from her dark, melancholic brown eyes. Evermore crawled back under the sheets of her bed, but the girl leaning on the other side of the door was contemplating if she should enter the room and comfort her. 

Who was that on the phone? Red TV wondered.

----------

"Guys, who's 'Poet' ?" Red TV questioned the people who were currently gathered in the kitchen for breakfast.

As she walked in, the name she just dropped made everyone go silent, except for 1989 TV and Speak Now TV who were just as lost.

Midnights was the one who spoke up first, a look of guilt on her face.

"It's Evermore's ex.. also known as my best friend. Or, was. It's Reputation now but it wasn't always like that."

1989 still had her mouth wide open with a piece of toast in her hand, frozen in shock. When she finally collected herself she chimed in.

"Why do you ask?"

"Um well.. she called, and said she's moving in with us." Red TV confessed.

At that, Lover spat out her drink and Folklore laughed beside her.