Uncomplicated (Zalex)

This is based on the song Uncomplicated By RØRY might be a good idea to listen to the song as you read this.
_______
Now Its another damn day and another diagnosis. Alex stood in the kitchen of his house, staring at the ceiling. "Fuck!" He yelled, punching a wall.

Zack had just walked into the house, staring at Alex "Lex? What it is?" Zack questioned, giving Alex a little bit of space to calm down.

Alex sighed as his frustration mounted higher and higher. He slammed his foot against the cabinet, sending a crash through the room. Zack jumped back in surprise and his eyes widened as he watched Alex's destructive tirade. He seemed concerned, but Alex pushed himself away from the cabinet before turning to face Zack's gaze.

"I'm sick of hearing how everything I do is wrong," Alex shouted, letting all the built up anger spill out of his mouth, "it's like they're all just searching for some kind of reason to criticize every little thing I do!"

Zack walks over to Alex "Lex" He said sighing. "You have a doctor's appointment in an hour," Zack said sighing.

Alex groaned and rolled his eyes, "not another one! I swear, I spend more time with doctors than I do with normal people. The last three doctors didn't help me at all. What's the point of wasting my time with a new one?"

"This doctor supports people with intermittent Explosive Disorder, and she wants to test you for ADHD" Zack explained.

Alex paused and sighed, "...fine, but I doubt they'll be any different from the last three. What are they gonna do, tell me to meditate more? Get some more fresh air? Maybe go see a psychologist?"

Zack looks at Alex "can I hug you?" He asks.

Alex raised an eyebrow in surprise, but slowly nodded his head, signaling for Zack to come in for the hug. Zack stepped forward and pulled Alex into a tight embrace, holding him close to his body as he let out a deep breath. Zack then patted Alex on the back, offering him some small comfort.

"If the doctor can diagnose you with ADHD she can prescribe you Ritalin," Zack said softly "if you're diagnosed, She can help you navigate around ADHD, ways to make it easier on a day to day bases"

Alex was silent for a few moments, his body relaxed in Zack's arms. He then looked up at his boyfriend with a soft smile on his face.

"I guess it'll be nice to finally know what's wrong with me," Alex said softly, "just don't give me too much hope. I don't need the disappointment of yet another failed diagnosis."

Zack chuckles softly and kissed Alex's nose. "Don't worry I won't give you too much hope" Zack said against Alex's forehead.

Alex laughed softly and nuzzled his head against Zack's chest, "you're such a dork."

Alex then glanced at the clock in the kitchen. He let out a deep breath and relaxed his shoulders, the stress of his day beginning to fade away.

"My appointment is in less than an hour," Alex said softly, "I should probably get ready instead of wasting time out here."

Zack smiles and lets go of Alex "go get ready babe, I'll come to the appointment with you" Zack said softly.

After 40 minutes, Alex returned his hair dripping with water and a hoodie on. "Let's go" Alex said, His manner changing to a slightly cheerful one than what it was earlier that day.
___

You get used to the pain when you get my kind of hopеless. Alex had another appointment, his doctor had results on his diagnosis, and wanted to discuss it with Alex in person.

The walk to the doctor's office felt longer than usual, as if the distance somehow had stretched. Alex was nervous about the results of his diagnosis, hoping that the last doctor had finally gotten it right.