@BelitAm

Hello Wattpadders! Today we have BelitAm, author of the book, Play of Shadows, with us.

I am Abhipreeti (_abhipreeti_), and I have interviewed Belit Am, a.k.a, BelitAm.

Belit Am writes mystery interwoven with elements of fantasy and science fiction

Belit Am writes mystery interwoven with elements of fantasy and science fiction. She enjoys creating fantastical worlds filled with quirky characters, often inspired by the fairy tales she read as a child growing up in Europe. 

At what age did you realize that you have a special place for writing? Are you currently or do you ever dream of one day being in the writing industry?

>>I started writing fairly young. My first story was typed on my grandfather's typewriter, some twenty years ago. It featured werewolves and magical forests and a flying bed. I had ink under my nails for days! Becoming a published author is very much a dream of mine. Joining Wattpad and sharing my writing with the world has been a huge step toward that goal, and I cannot be more thankful to my audience.

Did any story, on or off Wattpad, inspire you ever and help you carve your interest towards writing books?

>>The Lord of the Rings. I watched the first movie in a small, outdoor theater as a teen. The movie gripped my imagination like no other work had before. I immediately found the books, read them all, and emerged in love with writing as a craft. 

What is the genre(s) in which you mostly write your books? Do you think you are able to create brilliant plots when you write in that specific genre(s)?

>>I write in many genres, but they all contain elements of fantasy and light horror. The otherworldly is often scary when put into perspective, after all. I do enjoy writing mysteries and leaving the reader guessing about certain plot points. I hesitate to place my work in any single genre, as I think most could fit in several at once. They are plot-driven works, rather than genre-dependent – which makes selecting a category difficult when posting on Wattpad, ha-ha!

What advice would you like to give to authors who are writing in the same genre(s) as yours?

>>Write often and read as much and as widely as you can. Reading is so, so important. It gives an author glimpse into different perspectives, informs them on a variety of topics, enrichens their own voice and vocabulary – it is an indispensable part of the craft. And more importantly, it is lots of fun!

Do you have any favourite quote or quotes from your book?

>>A few come to mind: 

"He was gone when Ann looked up. So was the castle and the starry sky. Ann was alone in a darkness so complete it felt eternal, living, some great beast that had swallowed her whole while she wasn't looking."Play of Shadows, Chapter 0.11