@anasianamateur

Hello fellow Wattpadders! Today we have anasianamateur with us, the author of the book, No Dogs Allowed.

I am Abhipreeti (_abhipreeti_), and I have interviewed Gemma Young, a.k.a, anasianamateur.

Gemma Young is a Korean-American coffee addict and Los Angeles native who hops between the practical world of the everyday and the impractical world of writing

The results tend to come out in realistic fiction that steal from not-so-realistic situations—things like global Armageddon experiments, to teenage runaway road-trips, to motorcycle-racing werewolves dabbling in the mafia. They tend to come packaged with Asian-American narratives, morally ambiguous characters, tumultuous romances, piercing dialogue, and whatever newest obsession she has going at the time, whether it be cheesecake variations or molecular chemistry.

If she's not huddled in a corner typing to oblivion, she's busy writing poetry, surviving university, and finding the next espresso-fueled daydream to make a story out of.

At what age did you realize that you have a special place for writing? Are you currently or do you ever dream of one day being in the writing industry?

>>I've always been a big reader, ever since I was very young. I remember having to write a creative story about a leprechaun for St. Patrick's Day at school, and seeing a door open for me into the world of writing. I wrote two books on a different site around middle school—hopefully they've been burned for good—and decided to try to write on Wattpad during the pandemic. The rest is history!

I'd love to become a legitimate published author. It's been a pipe dream of mine since I was ten. I remember I used to walk by bookstores and imagine my story in the window. That being said, I think my writing still has some distance to go, and the route to publication is a steep one. Hopefully I'll be able to take it on one day, but right now, Wattpad is more than enough for me.

Did any story, on or off Wattpad, inspire you ever and help you carve your interest towards writing books?

>>How To Train Your Dragon! Everyone knows the movies—which are admittedly fantastic—but you really have and will never read a book series quite like this one. I read all twelve books in my elementary days, and I credit it as my catalyst to start writing. I think the style of writing in it is unmatched, and it taught me a lot about how to tell a story and tell it well.

What is the genre(s) in which you mostly write your books? Do you think you are able to create brilliant plots when you write in that specific genre(s)?