@kccastner

Hello fellow Wattpadders! Today we have kccastner with us, the author of the book, Not A Temporary Love .

I am Abhipreeti (_abhipreeti_) and I have interviewed KC Castner a.k.a, kccastner.

KC Castner has been in love with stories her whole life, and has been writing stories for almost as long

KC Castner has been in love with stories her whole life, and has been writing stories for almost as long. She started posting on Wattpad last year, her first time putting her words into the world for people to see and scrutinize. She loves romance and stories that show the beauty and struggle of life. Most often, if she's not working, you'll find her reading, writing, or watching Netflix.

At what age did you realize that you have a special place for writing? Are you currently or do you ever dream of one day being in the writing industry?

>>I've loved stories my whole life. My parents read books to us every night before we went to sleep. We had family movie nights and watched movies in the theater often. As I got older, I continued to lose myself in fictional worlds - books, movies, TV shows. I wanted to escape my chaotic life and my  anxious mind. In elementary school when we were supposed to "write books," I went all in. And when I was in seventh grade, I remember having the thought "I want to be a writer." And ever since, I've told stories. My journey with writing and dealing with other people's opinion on my desire to be a writer has been just that - a journey. And before posting on Wattpad (outside of creative writing projects at school), there were maybe two or three people who had read my writing.

I definitely would love to see my work published, whether traditionally or self-published. Wattpad is kind of my first step in that process - getting used to people reading my stuff and just getting my words into the world. It's been nerve-wracking, for sure.

Did any story, on or off Wattpad, inspire you ever and help you carve your interest towards writing books?

>>All of them? Ha! I'm a continually evolving collage of all books I've read and movies and TV shows I've watched. A lot of my early (and current) writing included fanfiction, because I get lost in these worlds that I don't want to leave. So, I really can't pinpoint a specific story that propelled me into writing. Just stories in general and the insatiable desire to tell my own.

What is the genre(s) in which you mostly write your books? Do you think you are able to create brilliant plots when you write in that specific genre(s)?

>>Mostly contemporary romance - present day, real world love stories. For me, this is the easiest genre to craft stories in. Taking inspiration from my everyday experiences, the people around me...the ideas just flow, and I have more ideas than I know what to do with. That doesn't mean I don't do any world building or that I'll never write a fantasy. But I am a hopeless romantic, and contemporary is where I'm most comfortable at the moment.