@adelineday

Hello Wattpadders! Today we have adelineday, author of the book, The Tour Guide, with us.

I am Abhipreeti (_abhipreeti_), and I have interviewed Adeline, a.k.a, adelineday.

Adeline is an Australian university student who writes in her spare time

Adeline is an Australian university student who writes in her spare time. She has an East Asian cultural background and is currently writing a series inspired by Japanese mythology. She enjoys anime, manga, watching dramas, and cooking. 

At what age did you realize that you have a special place for writing? Are you currently or do you ever dream of one day being in the writing industry?

>>I realized my enjoyment of writing during my late teens. It would be nice to be able to publish one of my books formally someday, but I'll still be happy if my writing remains a hobby that I do for free.

Did any story, on or off Wattpad, inspire you ever and help you carve your interest towards writing books?

>>I wouldn't say any specific story has been my inspiration, but one thing that has motivated me is the shortage of books that focus on Japanese folklore. It's one of my favorite mythologies, so I figured that if other people weren't going to write about it, I would do it myself. 

What is the genre(s) in which you mostly write your books? Do you think you are able to create brilliant plots when you write in that specific genre(s)?

>>The genres I usually write in are historical, romance, and urban fantasy. I would hope that I am adept at creating a decent plot, since they hold a special place in my heart.

What advice would you like to give to authors who are writing in the same genre(s) as yours?

>>Research is definitely important when it comes to portraying a historical period as accurately as possible. I also try my best to stick to reputable sources, since it is easy for unreliable information to be spread around on the internet. 

For romance, it's my opinion that you don't necessarily have to be in a relationship to write it well. As long as you can give your characters emotional depth, believable chemistry, and a decent reason to spend time together, I think you're all set. 

Urban fantasy differs from other subgenres in that the city setting adds a layer of realism to the story. I used the very real Tokyo as a setting for my story, but one could also go the extra mile and make up a fictional city if they love worldbuilding. 

Do you have any favourite quote or quotes from your book?

>>My favorite quotes will probably be different from that of a reader, but I'll list them anyway.