Akashi Seijuro: Conflicts (VI)

Originally written in 2015, edited, and republished in 2022.

"What do you think of this theme for the fall festival, Vice Pres (First Name)-chan?" (Random Student #1's Name) handed you a few sheets of papers with lists of themes that corresponded to fall on it. "The whole student council thought about it while Akashi-kun and you were at basketball practice."

"O-Oh, sorry for making you guys do all the work; let me look through them real quick." You flipped through the pages and nodded in satisfaction, "these are really good, I really like the Halloween idea!"

"Ah, that's good. We're glad, let's just hope Akashi-kun thinks the same." (Random Student #2's Name) let out a relieved sigh.

♡ ♡ ♡

Once the rest of the Freshmen student council had gone home, you stayed behind to finish any paperwork that was needed for your adviser. You shuffled the papers around, straightening them until you heard the door slide open. Turning your attention to the door, you saw Akashi in his gym clothes.

"How was practice?" You asked with a smile.

"It's nothing, the first string is annoying as usual. How was the meeting without me?"

"We discussed some ideas about the Fall Festival, we thought about doing 'Harvest Moon' theme. Wouldn't having animals and farming stuff be really cute?~"

Akashi lets out an exasperated sigh, "(First Name), do you really think this would be a good idea to hold at Rakuzan?"

"What do you mean?" You set down the papers.

"You're at a prestigious school, not at a farm. Don't be ridiculous, nobody would want to hold a festival like that." Akashi grabbed the papers on the desk with the list of ideas. "You're not a child anymore, nor is the entire student council; I can't believe they came up with such childish ideas."

"Hey, they worked really hard, Sei! You shouldn't be so harsh, plus I thought their ideas were pretty good." You crossed your arms and puffed out your cheeks. "I get you are really fixated on certain ideas, but don't you think we should have some sort of fun instead of being 'prestigious' and 'serious' the entire time."

"In addition, I don't think you'd be able to attend with those grades of yours in (Worst Subject)." Akashi brings up, his eyes provoking you. "How could you have such a terrible grade in such an easy subject?"

You could feel frustration building up inside of you, "well, I'm sorry I'm not as smart and perfect as you." You mumbled, "you act as if I'm not trying."

"You're not trying hard enough, I expect better from you, (First Name)."

"Well, I'm sorry, Seijuro!" Not taking any more patronizing, you raised your voice and stomped your way out.

Before you could even make it out the door, Akashi roughly pulled you back into the room and against the wall. His heterochromatic glare shot you down, making you anxious, however, you were going to stand your ground.

"Don't you dare walk away from me like that." You averted your eyes to the side until Akashi gripped your chin to make you look up at him. "(First Name), don't be like this."

"How can I not, when you're all getting mad at me and in my face!?" Tears of frustration well up in your eyes.

Akashi's eyes widen at your expression, guilt washing over him. A sigh escaped his lips as he gently kisses you on the forehead. "I'm apologize, (First Name). I didn't mean to be harsh on you..."

You wiped your eyes with your sleeve and pouted at him.

"I expected too much from you and I know you're only being considerate of your classmates' ideas." Akashi wrapped his arms around you, "I love you, (First Name). Please accept my apology."

You tried pushing Akashi away from you.

"What's wrong?"

"You smell like sweat, go away." You teasingly pinched your nose, before pressing your lips against his cheek. "I forgive you."

♡ ♡ ♡

"So..." Akashi spoke up, gaining everyone in the council's attention, "the theme for the Fall Festival is 'Harvest Moon.'"

You felt a smile and heat crept onto your face.

"I expect everyone to get the other classes and clubs to participate, as well as find a way to bring animals into the festival."

"YAAAY, OUR IDEA WORKED!" The council cheered. "Glad you were able to convince Akashi-kun, (First Name)-chan!"

"Y-Yeah, sure."

Akashi walked behind you and leaned down, feeling his warm breath brushing against your ear lobe, "I expect this festival to be romantic, Vice President (Last Name)."

thank you for helping me reach my goals on twitch! watch me at twitch.tv/abbievanity