Chapter 6

The boy let out a shaky breath as his hand gripped his flashlight, the light brightened up the little room but didn't take away the nightmares lurking behind his doors. Their footsteps were loud and clunky. Running to one of the doors, he listened. Terror flooded through him as robotic breathing was heard. The boy quickly shut the door, shakily holding it closed. "Go away...go away..." He whispered, tears threatening to spill. The breathing seemed to lessen and he let the door go, running back to his bed. Turning around, he let out a yelp when there appeared to be tiny animatronics scattering. He quickly shined the light on them and they went away. The boy turned back around and flinched when something went into his closet. He gulped nervously before running over to his closet door, screaming when he saw an animatronic fox. He quickly shut the door, shaking. He held it shut before checking, shining the light as it changed position. The boy sniffled, the tears finally spilling over.

He opened it again and this time, the terrifying fox animatronic was now a small and cute plushy. The boy sniffled, wiping his face. He ran back towards his bed, the flashlight now trembling with the movement of his hands. He ran to the other door, opening it and quickly shutting it when he saw something at the end of the hallway. Why were they in his house? Why was this happening? He wasn't sure. Frantic sobs escaped, he wanted out. He wanted to leave. Why wasn't he safe in his own room? The boy opened the door and suddenly- Evan let out a scream as he woke up, his sobs echoing throughout the small room. Michael had woken up, and the scream from his brother shook him awake. Michael groaned, not registering what had happened until he heard Evan. "Ev?" Michael questioned, realizing what was going on. Michael quickly walked towards Evan, laying down next to him. "Hey...it's okay..." Michael said quietly before wrapping his arms around his little brother.

Evan sobbed, turning towards his brother and holding onto his shirt tightly. Evan opened his eyes and let out another scream when he saw a rabbit peeking over Michael, waving. "Evan wha-" Michael turned around and flinched, letting out a sigh. "Jesus Christ..." Michael mumbled. "you're safe, I promise." Michael whispered as Evan nodded. Evan hated those nightmares. He has been having them for as long as he could remember. The animatronics were terrifying to him, it seemed like they were going to hurt him. Evan had cried for a while, Michael only doing what he knew best and held Evan, continuing to tell him it is okay and that he is safe. Evan sighed shakily and slowly pulled away from the hug, looking up at Michael. "You want to talk about it?" Michael asked softly, Evan hesitated before nodding slowly. The two boys sat up and Evan looked down at his hands, shaking now. "I was in my room...it looked the exact same. The animatronics were after me but they didn't look the same..." Evan started, sniffling. "They were terrifying! They had these sharp teeth and claws...they kept trying to get into my room to get me. One of them almost did but I woke up right when it happened..." Evan said quietly, Michael nodding. "The nightmare is over, okay? You are in Freddy's dressing room. We are safe." Michael tried reassuring Evan, but thankfully it seemed to have worked.

------

"Gregory? You wanted to talk?" Michael questioned as the three Aftons stood in front of him. Gregory sighed, nodding as he looked at them. "I think you guys deserve to hear why I live here now..." Gregory said quietly as the others nodded. Gregory took a shaky breath and sat down, his leg bouncing. "I snuck inside here, I used to live on the streets. It was raining, it was really cold, and I was starving..." Gregory started, and the others nodded. "But before I got any food, a security guard saw me and yelled, so I ran..." Gregory began to fumble with his fingers. "I ran into Freddy's room before the door locked and I hid inside his stomach hatch..." Gregory said quietly while Michael looked at him with wide eyes. "I know it wasn't the best idea but I had no other choice.."

Gregory sighed, sniffling. "Then all the animatronics came after me! They were hacked and wanted to kill me..." Gregory said quietly. "I was going to decommission them until Freddy told me stories about them! I realized how human they all were! So Freddy and I decided to save them." Gregory smiled a little. When it turned 6 am, Freddy told me I could leave or stay." Gregory said, the others nodding. "Well, I would much rather live here than back on the streets."