[7]𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞; 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧🇸 🇪 🇪 🇮 🇳 🇬 

🇸 🇪 🇪 🇮 🇳 🇬 

Corine always felt like something was missing. As if she'd lost an incredibly close part of herself a long time ago and this part could never come back. And that's right, all her life her big brother was always there for her, she finally found her dream parabatai and the most wonderful boyfriend that could ever exist. After the brutal death of her father and the loss of both parents, Maryse and Robert took her and Jace in, giving them the balance they deserved as 10-year-old kids. She'll always be greatful to all of them for this. They raised her like a part of a real family. She couldn't be more graceful to this.

But it isn't actually about being happy or sad, on angry, upset, cheeful or whatever else. It is about, like a parabatai lose. When one of parabatai lose another he lost part of his heart, part of his soul, part of himself. Corine feels exactly like it. And she couldn't do anything about being anxious all the time, not even knowing why exactly. And the thing that worries her the most is that she could see Alec's face covered by this emotions. She could see it. She could feel it from last night when they wanted to get Clary's memories from the Demon and when he wanted her in exchange for these memories. She hates talking about her weakness, even if she gets mad when anyone else hide it from her. She wants to be like her brother, the best shadowhunter, right? He never feel weak.

"He spoked to you?" Alec hears familiar voice from the room next to him. He takes his eyes off his girlfriend for a moment. He was about to talk to her, seriously, about what happened at Magnus's, but the conversation between his parabatai and the redhead seemed suspiciously to Alec.

"He said my name," raven haired man gestures to by his hand for Cora to stay in her place, then he came closer to Clary and Jace. "He said, 'your mother for the Cup'," Corine frowns at Clary's words. Is that Valentine said?

"Who said that?" Alec enters the room with his girlfriend right behind him. She ignores his earlier command, but still, she stayes behind the man's back.

"Valentine," both, Jace and Clary answer him, but it doesn't look like Alec would've be lass suspicious. "He's with my mother. He got her," Clary adds, wich only make Alec frowns.

"And he can speak to you through that necklace? Here, in the Institute?" he questions, but he clearly looked like he wants accuse Clarissa. He didn't trust her, still.

"It's like when I saw Dot," Clary explains. Her voice's trembling slightly, but she looks like she doesn't want to look like she's terrified. In the same time, Jace's staring at the necklace unsure and then he speak

"Is it a Portal shard?" Corine asks, approaches her brother with her eyes focusing on the necklace. "It definitely is, Magnus had thousands of it, he gave me one years ago," she could feel Alec gazing at her.

"That's why your mother make sure you had it," Jace adds turning around to the other three.

"I saw my mother, she's alive. She's unconscious, but still alive," redheads voice's filled with hope, and honestly, no one can blame her. It's about her mother.

Then, Alec starts to questions Clary about what she saw and about the place she saw, and the people. But she seems totally upset, so she couldn't help much.

"Alec, lighten up," Corine finally chimes in the pair's conversation, seeing that Fairchild's girl is close to cry due to Alec's insistent questions. "She was probably scared, don't put pressure on her," he gives her quick glance.

"I'm trying to get something useful from this situation," he speaks, making both Wayland's siblings sigh. "Clary, what did you see, exactly?" he asks, still the sams cold voice.

"Valentine has my mother, that's what I saw!" she shouts, getting more angry.

"Emotions are nothing but the distraction. You're ruled by them. We are used to control them," Alec says coldly, then his gaze moves to Jace. "Give me a look," he stretches his hand for the necklace, but blonde hestites. "Oh, come on. Just give me a look, I won't give it to Clave or whatever you expect,"

"Alec," she wispers, but he ignores her.

"Okay," Jace sighs and give Alec the jewelry. He takes it and after that leaves the room. "Hey, Alec!" three of them go after him, trying to catch up with him.

"Alec!" Corine says louder, catching up with Alec and watching him closely.

"Calm down. It's where it should be, safe," Alec tells them and he opens the hiding place in the floor with his stele. "It will be safe here," he adds and Jace rolls his eyes, annoyed.

"You know this is the only way we could catch Valentine. We can use this to track him,"

"Don't you think? If I was Valentine, this'll be the thing I want you think. That you can find me. It is a trap," raven haired man states. His girlfriend looks at him with a sigh. She knows he's right. And she also knows that her brother and Clary wouldn't like this.

"But we can track Valentine and help my mom. We already save Simon from vampires, right? We can do it-"

"Vampires are silly and out of mind control. We are not. And Valentine is a real threat, he's lot stronger that these vampires were," he explains, getting more annoyed by Clary's stubbornness

"I lost my mother, this can't be-" Clary starts but she was stopped by blonde haired girl.

"Alec is right. We can't let anyone near this necklace. Valentine saw you through it, what if he could do it again? Or what if he'd saw anything at the Institute or some important informations? You can't control that necklace, Clary," she speaks softly, feeling bad for redhead.

She was normal eighteen teen and through this few days everything has changed. It isn't a surprise that she's so desperate or sometimes annoying. Corine, on her own, probably would act the same if any of her closest people would missing, especially missing to Valentine. She couldn't even imagine if Jace, Izzy or Alec were in Clary's mother situation. She'd probably lose her mind.

"Also, we can't defeat Valentine by four and half shadowhunter," he states.

"Five," Clary stays at her, but Alec only rolls his eyes.

"Whatever. Better leave that jewelry where it is. Get over it," he almost hisses, walk away then.

Hi guys, I'm so sorry for not updating for week, but I was sick as hell. Now I'm much better and reaaaaally want to writing for you, love ya;)