[10]𝐦𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞; 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧🇲 🇺 🇳 🇩 🇦 🇳 🇪 '🇸 🇨 🇺 🇹 🇪 🇳 🇪 🇸 🇸 

🇲 🇺 🇳 🇩 🇦 🇳 🇪 '🇸 
🇨 🇺 🇹 🇪 🇳 🇪 🇸 🇸 

"Why'd you sneak out? You're like four or something?" Alec's harsh voice doesn't make Clary even glance at him, she simply ignores it and searches for her buzzing phone. "And what's the point of invisible rune when you don't silnce your phone?" he adds annoyed, crossing his arms.

"Hey, Simon," Alec rolls his eyes at mundane's name. He was still mad about her sneaking out, like, he done everything he could to protect her, he do it all the time, and and she still has the nerve to sneak out from the Institute and, once again, put herself and everyone around in danger. How silly she'd been? And she's now talking with this mundane boyfriend of her, pretending she's all so innocent. Gosh.

"Don't get too frustrated, babe," he stares at her as she wraps her arms around his. "Until home, at least," she adds, smirking, but raven haired man's still putting his professional mask.

"Don't do that. We're here to protect Clary, not to flirt with each other," he states harshly, however, that only makes Corine chuckles.

"I really adore your Big Bad Shadowhunter mood,"

"Do not flirt with me now," he cut it, walking towards Clary, who's talking to Simon about meeting at some place. "And you're gonna bring your mundane here? That's not possible, Carrot," he took her phone, hanging up the call. She gasps upset, and grabs it from Alec hand.

"What are you think you're doing?" she asks, but man didn't response and walk away from the redhead, with his girlfriend clinging on his arm. "And.. Carrot?" she frowns, catching up.

"Well, your hair's freaking orange, what do you expect me to call you, Carrot?" Cora giggles at him and Clary only sighs annoyed.

"Mundanes getting excited about climbing fire escapes. Never gonna understand it," Alex mumbles while he let his girlfriend go first to climb the ladder like Clary and Simon did.

"Come on, babe. If you were a mundane you'll be so much Simon-ish right now, wouldn't you?" she smirks, glances at him teasingly. "Besides, it's kinda cute," she points out and man stares at her for few secons.

"Cute? Simon? What? You think he's cute?" he questions upset and Cora smirks at him.

"You now you're cuter, don't be offend,"

"I am not cute. I'm shadowhunter, I don't get cute," he replies serious, makes the girl giggles.

"Sure, say that when you're with cats,"

"Hey, this isn't exactly the place I remembered," Clary stated, cut the conversation between the couple. She watches her old home amazement. The walls has runes scattered all over them. She stands besides Simon, and Corine and Alec right behind them.

"These are runes and wards of protection casts by a warlock," Alec murmures, looking around the place.

"Yo, Clary. This odd symbols looks kinda cool," raven haired and blonde shares the look at Simon's words. He gestures at the wall all covered by runes. Alec frowns at him.

"You can see the runes?" Cora asks, glared at him unsurely.

"Yeah, kinda of hard to miss," Simon's says not paying much attention to this.

"For Shadowhunters," Alec cross his arms at his chest. "They should be invisible to most mundanes. When did you get the Sight?"

"I don't know," he answers quickly, wich made shadowhunters suspicious, but before they could've argue Simon points his hand on one of the runes. "But whoever drew this should take some lesson from Clary. They're, uh, well.. like work is pretty sloppy,"

Cora smirks at mundane's words, still thinking his pretty cute one. Then, Clary saw some initials on the wall and her and Simon starts to telling some story of their childhood. The blonde found it quite cute, but her boyfriend thought the complete opposite. He's becoming more and more annoyed by the time passed. He thought of Simon finally shut his mouth and Clary being more mind-thinker.

Then they enter the house. It looked like a hurricane literally passed through this place. Apart from the fact that almost everything was burnt, giving no sign that anyone could have lived here, whatever items were left visible, in the apartment, they'd looked as if they'd at least been werewolf's toys. Destroyed and scattered everywhere they shouldn't be.

"What happened here?" Clary mumbles, looking around. The others does the same. "This place looks like it has never seen people. Like I'd never live here,"

"Of course it does," Alec states like it's obvious.

"Your mother did this to protect you. To make sure no one's gonna find you," Cora says, ends her boyfriend thoughts.

"Well, see how's it worked," redhead raises her eyebrows sarcastically. Alec and Corine just stares at her weirdly.

"You're alive, aren't you?" the men frowns at the younger girl, making her glares at him. However, before they'd continue their conversation, Simon interfere.

"Hey, does it sounds odd or whatever, cause a think there's something down there. Woods at this place sounds different,"

All three of them approach him, but it doesn't seems like anyone could hear anything.

"Here," mundane crouches down, touching the boards with his hand. One of them seemed unstable, so the brunette easily moved it away.

"Move," Alec murmures harshly, moving Simon awaya and crouches down by the cache by himself.

"You're welcome," Simon mumbles sarcastically and Corine giggles at this.

"You've done great job, Si," she smiles at him. His face brushes red, makes blonde girl only more amused.

"Is it that box you were talking about?" Alec questions, standing up, points his look at the readhead.

"Yeah, exactly," she nods and takes box from Alec's.