[8]𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝

𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞; 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭🇼 🇴 🇷 🇷 🇮 🇪 🇩 

🇼 🇴 🇷 🇷 🇮 🇪 🇩 

Maryse came back. Alec mother was in the Institute right now and she was also put a pressure on everyone again. Does that woman seemt cold and heartless to her children? Yes. Was she really that cold and hard on everyone? Correctly. And does Corine hate Maryse for being like that to her parabatai and boyfriend? Does she hate Maryse for not being with her children when they needed her. Or not reacting when their father's abusive to them? Absolutely correct. She doesn't even know herself how she'd still calm her nerves around that woman for being like this to her favourite person's. And, yeah, she was greatful that Maryse and Robert took her and Jace when they were kids, if they didn't she wouldn't have met Alec or Izzy, or many other her friends.

She hates when anyone's acting rude to Alec and this woman definitely was. Even if she defended herself by this stupis Law or Clave. That didn't meant she could act like an ass to her son and, by the Angel, her daughter. Yes, Izzy was definitely the child she'd treated the worst, even if Alec always tried to protect her by himself. All of them didn't even remember if that woman had said anything nice to them. She always adored Jace, she kept saying that he's so wonderful, that he's her best soldier. It looked like she thought Corine's weaker side of Wayland siblings.

Well, maybe she was? Ar least, he'd never beaten her brother or Alec. Only Izzy, but she's a girl, also, younger girl. She had many injuries after many missions. She always had to be protected. But that was the thing. She didn't want to be protected. She want to be a protector. But she suddenly couldn't. Everyone's stronger than her. Everyone's more experienced and older. They didn't need her protect.

And, here we go, now there's another reason she must've be protected. This demon wanted her for payment, why? Is she special? No, her brother is. Is she super strong warrior? Again, no. She's just avarage shadowhunter.

She chokes back a quiet sob so as not to wake up Alec, who's lying next to her with his eyes closed and an extremely calm expression on his face. She loves to seeing him like this. So peaceful and so sweet. Without hiding behind that mask he used to wear every day. Cold and emotionalless mask. She knows he wasn't like most of people's expecting. He's carrying, lovely and supportive person. He'd always been there if she needed him. He would never left her behind and always support despite everything around. And he would also to the same for Jace, Izzy, Max or even his parents. They were cold and hard on him, but he loves them so much. Corine admires him for it.

He had such a difficult childhood. Corine could tell from what Alec told her, even though he was never very keen on talking about his past. Since he was a small child, all the pressure of raising his siblings fell on him. A little boy who barely understood everything that's happening around him. His parents rarely had time to take care of their children, so Alec felt he'd to take care of his little sister. And then Jace. And Corine. And a few years later, Max. He was always responsible, maybe even too much. He always protected them all, advised them, separated them when they started arguing over more stupid things. He took care of all four of them since this years. He gave them what Maryse and Robert can't. And if there're fights between their parents, Alec was the one who distrupted them during it. And when Robert being too anger at any of them, or Maryse had another reason to insult any of them, Alec always took it on himself. Even if he payed for it.

"Hey, Cora," Alec's voice is hoarse and quiet. Blonde haired girl immediately smiles softly at this sound. It's so cute.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," she kisses him gently at his lips, and he returnes it. "Sleep well, I see," she chuckles, cuddling woth him.

"Uh-huh," he mumbles, staring at her with some unexplained look. "But you don't look like you've slept at all," he points. When Corine look down and moves away from him, he frowns.  "Hey, what's wrong?" he asks, sitting on the bed like Corine did. "Is this-" he starts but she quickly cut him off.

"I'm fine," she smiles forcedly, not wanting to worry her boyfriend. But he simply doesn't believe her.

"No, you're not," he says. "Don't lie to me. Are you worried about this situation in Magnus's place? Because if it is that, you-"

"No, it's not about it,"

"Then what? Is it about these nightmares? Did you had nightmares again?" he asks, more worriedly.

"No, Alec, it's not.." he cut her off.

"Then what? Did your Yin Fen addicion got worse? Or is this about seeing Raphael? I know you knew him and you're acting weird, I could see it..."

"I'm not worried about anything! Stop being so annoying, Alec. I'm not one of your siblings you want to control like a little kid!" she shouts, making man gaze at her, frustrated. She wants to say something, but he fastly interrupts her.

"Okay, if you're saying you're alright, I think I should believe you," he states, but something in his voice tone seems off. He looks cold. "I think I should get ready, you get ready too," he speaks, gets up and walking to their bathroom. He locks the door and Corine couldn't stop her eyes burning from tears she's holding.

No, no, no, no, please, not again — I hate when he became like this. I don't want him cold. It was just a stupid argument.