how have you been?

the second you walked in, the familiar silhouette of suna rintaro immediately caught your attention

the second you walked in, the familiar silhouette of suna rintaro immediately caught your attention. your eyes traveled down to the floor and went to the back of the classroom.

you knew he saw you but you walked right past him because at this point, you'll just deal with having a class with him.

suna rintaro and you were inseparable the summer before college and during your first year. however, you stopped talking due to certain circumstances and after that, y'all just kinda hated and disliked each other.

when the class started, the professor introduced herself and started talking about the upcoming lab the class has to do. basically, it's some somewhat difficult science project which meant it's a project for two. there's a fair amount of people in the class so there's a good chance you won't even have to talk to suna this quarter.

over the past two years, suna definitely changed. his hairstyle is more fluffy, he got taller, and he got even more muscular. but he's dead to you.

"did everyone understand?" the professor asked, "okay, let me name out the partners."

the professor in front started naming random people but you still weren't called. you were sitting patiently until—

"l/n y/n and suna rintaro," she looked at her paper then looked up to see you absolutely shocked, "well what are you waiting for?"

your eyes widened extremely because you couldn't fathom the bullshit your professor just said. out of 30 other people in this room, you just had to be partners with your ex best friend, suna rintaro. you were contemplating on asking her to switch partners but then you realized this is college, the professor does not give a shit.

you stayed in your seat. suna had to come to you. fuck that.

you saw the male packing up his bag and making his way to your table and you mentally rolled your eyes at him.

once suna came close to you, you cringed as he sat down but mustered up a smile regardless, "hello suna."

"wow suna, really?" the male laughed as he sat down, "hey y/n, how have you been?"

the audacity of this man to just make small and casual conversation. you put on your best smile and tried to avoid his eye contact. "i've been good, what about you?"

suna smiled genuinely at your response. it was good that you seemed good. "good, kinda stressful with volleyball to juggle as well."

you hummed at his response. that's the most you could handle in a conversation with the male. you sighed and checked the classroom website on what you have to do for the lab in a means to ignore suna next to you.

on the other hand, suna was just itching to talk to you but it seems like you were done so he's done as well.

you talked to him about his contribution to the project which he responded well too. suna basically agreed to everything you said. if he had to do the whole project himself, he'd do it. fucking desperate boy.