jumbotron

spring 2022, 1st year

it was 7:30, only half an hour late to suna's volleyball game. it kind of amazed you that suna, a first year, was a starter right off the bat despite the fact that HQ uni values seniority. you didn't realize he was actually that good.

the game obviously already started and the seats were packed to the brim. you didn't want to end up seating very far to where you usually sit which is near the front. however, a lot of students already got most of the student section so you had no choice but to sit at the back.

"there's no other seats down there?" you asked one of the students leading people in the stadium and giving out foam fingers.

he sighed, "i'm telling you, it's full. doors opened at 6, you should've gotten here 5:59 if you wanted front row seats."

you had a tight-lipped smile, "what about those seats?!"

"those are for the coaches, genius! they're on the court!"

"fine, whatever." you finally said.

"enjoy the game," the student smiled as he handed you a foam finger. you harshly grabbed it, gave him a sarcastic smile, and went towards the stairs.

it was fine though, because there was a giant screen in the middle dangling the ceiling. you got a good view of the game no matter what despite how small suna looked.

though it was a college game, the male was playing very well. he was blocking most of the balls that were being sent over. moreover, suna would get a hit in from atsumu's sets once in a while which made you cheer obnoxiously loud.

"they're good, no?" an older girl suddenly said out of the blue. she had platinum--almost gray hair and had a wide smile.

you smiled at her, "well, of course, hq uni was always good at sports."

"i guess so, i hope they win!"

you nodded, "don't even worry about it. those boys pride themselves on how they're d1 and whatnot."

the girl merely laughed and focused back on the game so you did as well.

"YES! let's go!!"

you were 'quiet' for most of the sets until suna did an incredible and fast hit that made you physically jump out of your seat and scream at the top of your lungs. it was somewhat embarrassing when adults and students looked at you but who cares?

"go sunarin!!!!"

you looked at the girl chuckling at you as you bowed to her, "sorry, i'm just a big fan of the sport." you said, sheepishly.

"you seem like a big fan... why aren't you down there at the student section?" the girl asked genuinely.

"it was already full, plus i'm only really here to watch that one guy."

"oh, me too! are you a sibling, perhaps?"

you tilted your head, "no, no, do you see that guy? number 7? that guy's one of my close friends," you explained, "how about you? best friend, boyfriend? family?"

the girl smiled fondly, "that big guy down there, number 12, i'm bokuto's older sister."

you didn't know who bokuto was despite how familiar his name sounds. suna mentioned him a few times before probably but still, nothing. however, you smiled widely at her as you pretended to know her brother.

clapping was still going around the stadium. the game was already so good and interesting to watch and suna's amazing hit was just... crazy. that's definitely going in the highlight reel.

after an intense game of back and forth, hq uni did secure the win! it was a long game and the players looked tired but most of all, they looked ecstatic to win. suna still looked apathetic and straight-faced so you laughed out loud when his face was displayed on the jumbotron.

"dumbass."

you obviously took a picture of it. something to clown him later.

you weren't going to go down there because you already knew a lot of people would start making their way down there to congratulate the team, take interviews of them, and of course, the fan girls.

a cheeky smile went on your face when so many girls encircling the boys. the players cheeks would turn hot pink and you just laughed as their blush was projected on the big screen. bokuto's sister got a good laugh though when this one first year practically forced bokuto to take a selfie with her.

you were bidding your goodbyes to the girl until a large cheer erupted from the court. you looked down but the crowd was too big to clearly see what's going on. your eyes caught a cameraman rushing towards the crowd on the court, trying to separate the players from each other to catch whatever was going on to be shown on the jumbotron.

patiently waiting, the cameraman finally got it. your eyes traveled to the jumbotron and

oh!

that's a sight to see...

it was the kiss cam, and it was hana kissing suna's cheek.

☆