Begin Again

Shinano leaned forward slightly and asked her husband, "What do you mean?"

Midway only took another sip of tea and stated, "We know that some form of Amagi is still alive if the Sirens have a digital replica of her."

"All we need to do is find where they're transmitting from."

"Surely that won't be as easy as you think it'll be, husband." Shinano sadly stated.

Midway chuckled. "I know it won't. But I'm tired of these cycles of this endless reenactment."

"Surely it's more than just tiredness." Shinano stated.

"True. My ultimate reason is that I actually want to have a wedding. We've been in the background, moving and not revealing this to anyone. And I've grown tired of it. I want to have an actual wedding, I want to see you in a pretty dress." Midway thought out loud.

Shinano blushed a bit and said, "I didn't know you loved me that much, dear."

"Speaking of which. How is Akagi?" Midway asked.

Shinano pouted and said, "Still unconscious. Whatever Enterprise hit her with has got her in a coma of sorts."

"We're near the end of this cycle." Midway coldly stated. Shinano looked up from her tea and said, "You know I don't like how the cycles end."

"I don't, either."

Midway laid down his tea cup, and as soon as he did, the entire room started rumbling.

"Looks like Orochi has launched."

Shinano nodded and looked out the shrine window as a giant warship was departing.

As Midway summoned a helicopter nearby and walked towards it, he whispered to himself. "We need a command level interface to find Amagi, and one has just made itself known."

Midway's carrier appeared, like a monster against the horizon. While not as large as Orochi, it was considerably more advanced.

Midway signaled for Shinano to join him in the helicopter as they prepared to pursue Orochi. The urgency in the air was palpable, a stark contrast to the serene shrine they were leaving behind.

As they soared through the skies, Midway spoke above the roar of the helicopter blades, "Shinano, this is our chance. Orochi's launch could lead us to the source of the Sirens' transmission. We need to act swiftly."

Shinano nodded, her earlier blush replaced by determination. "I understand, Midway. Let's find Amagi and put an end to this cycle."

As they landed on Midway, the ship rapidly took off at flank speed pursuing Orochi. The couple looked out beyond the bridge window towards the enemy ship and its escorts.

"I don't like the cycle resets, dear." Shinano said quietly.

Midway only looked forward to knowing what he had to do. "I know. It's not a pleasant experience for me either."

A flotilla from the Sakura Empire was in a hot pursuit of the Orochi gone rogue. Zuikaku rushed to the front of the group and spoke to Takao.

"First Midway, and now this. So many things are going wrong."

Takao replied, "We can't let it dishearten us. We need to stop Orochi."