Chapter 3

Ikor's pov

I the library I tried finding books about the fire race. "cuisine, favorite activities, dressings, traditional dances... Customs" here it is

I sat on a small table in the same room I found the book I needed and started reading.

About half an hour later I heard footsteps coming closer to me. I took a brief look to the door in front of me, when I lowered my book and saw Riff.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, while he kept on walking.

"I finished and now I'm bored" he came behind me, letting his chin touch my shoulder. "what are you reading?"

"about your race's customs"

Riff's pov

A shiver penetrated my whole body, remembering the thing I told him earlier. "Why are you suddenly interested in that?" I straightened my back and lifted my head from where I had let it rest.

"Why the surprise? You were the one who gave me the idea of learning more about it"

"W-well that's true, but... You won't find our greetings or how we thank others"

"i found a chapter that is dedicated to what you just mentioned" he showed me the name of the chapter he was just reading

My cheeks flushed and I took a step back "ehh the gesture which I used to thank you, is not eh in books because~" I looked away from his piercing gaze "it is not used regularly"

"Are you trying to hide something, Riff?"

"NO...no" I looked at him again, placing my hands on front of me and shaking them right and left to emphasize negativity.

I tried thinking of a small lie, since I knew the way I thanked him was used between lovers. It is obvious, I know, but I had learnt from my mother that when you like someone you have to at least drop hints or see how they will react with a gesture like that, so you know if they like you back.

I could only see a rather confused expression drawn on his face which didn't help me much in understanding how he felt.

To tell you the truth, I didn't expect him to search it in books. And the worst thing is that in the books he is holding, is the answer to what I'm trying to make him avoid reading.

Think, think... "alright, I will tell you why I don't want you to read that book." I took a deep breath "this gesture is actually used between friends... And well I don't know if you are fine with us, I mean our relationship being like friends and stuff because we are rivals" I said trying to look panicky, so he doesn't get suspicious.

He laughed. Gosh his face lit up, I'm just glad I can see this rare moments since he is always serious. Moreover, annoyed especially with me so I don't get much of a chance to see him like that.

"Don't worry! That's just fine, I understand" he stood up and patted my back driving me towards the door.