Chapter 4

Ikor's pov

When he left me alone again I didn't waste any time. I went back to reading the book, more interested than before. There's no way you can convince me that that's the reason you tried to interfere into me reading the book.

I finally reached the page in which I could find my answer. "so that's what you were hiding, little liar?" I let the book to its shelf and went to the dining table via the main room, where the firey couldn't be seen.

"oh, here you are. I thought you went to the mission for a second" I claimed.

"no way. They are probably already done" I sat done and opened the book that I had left before unfinished. "you are going to read again? Take a break dude"

He put his hands on my shoulders and tried massaging them. "aren't you the one that supports the idea of doing whatever makes you happy?"

"yeah! But you can't constantly keep doing the same thing. There must be other thing you like" he sat on the dining table with his feet crossed. "let's talk"

"what do you wanna talk about. I let my book once again" He seemed...shocked?

"tell me about yourself... Like what is your favorite color"

I put my finger on my chin, my gaze on the floor "well that must be..." he cut me off

"wait" I looked up at him "I wanna guess. Mhh blue?" I shook my head negatively "it is surely green then" I looked at him weirdly

"is it because of my power?" I looked at my body with my hands open and then back at him.

He shrugged "I don't know you give that vibe really. Maybe something more peaceful... White simple and plain, quiet and peaceful"

"the opposite of you" i said and he immediately he got up so I followed.

"I see you aren't enjoying my company and to think I was just trying to be friendly" he turned around and started walking.

Riff's pov

I felt a hand grabbing mine as I was about to leave  "I'm sorry, I was just joking. Don't leave me"

My eyes wide in shock, I finally turned around and hugged him. He embraced me back and we stayed like that for a second.

"red" he said in a whisper all of a sudden. I pushed myself back enough to see him but didn't stop hugging him.

"excuse me?" is this guy for real right now? I just tried to comfort him and he is insulting me?

"You asked for my favorite color. It's red" I blushed and buried my face in his chest

I laughed "I thought you were insulting my hair"

He touched them and caressed my head. "I think they are thrilling" I felt my face burning up and that's really uncommon for a firey like me since I can't feel heat. I never expected him to compliment me, in my entire life.